- Analytical thinking
- Market focused
- Research capacity
As a part of Client Solutions, the Multi Management Team is responsible for the selection and monitoring of active and passive investment strategies of external asset managers. These investment strategies are accessible to our clients through a fund or a mandate.
Our Multi management team is one of the largest and most experienced manager selection teams in the Netherlands and responsible for over EUR76bn of client assets. Our clients are diverse: we identify investment opportunities for pension funds, insurance groups, family offices and high net worth individuals.
Our Multi Management Team covers a broad range of investment strategies, ranging from passive equity solutions to non-listed impact investments, for different client groups.
As an analyst in our team, you will focus on the category Passive Equity Solutions, for which you will be the primary analyst. Apart from that, You will get the opportunity to get involved in searches or reviews of other asset classes and learn from experienced investment professionals.
The position will provide a strong foundation for a future career in asset management.
Primary responsibilities include:
1. Analyst coverage (selection, monitoring and proposals) of passive investment solutions, across asset classes but with a primary focus on equities..
2. Providing support to the team in their daily activities. You will be asked to analyze actively managed investment strategies, participate in searches for new strategies and answer manager related questions from our client teams.
3. Maintenance of the MMT's data-infrastructure, you will be (co-)responsible for making sure that our data (fund characteristics, returns, ESG ) is in the right place, at the right time.
4. Be creative and determined in identifying and taking on opportunities that are adjacent to core responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate for this position will recognize her-/himself in (most of) the characteristics / skills set out below:
• Passionate about investing
• Ability to work on multiple assignments at the same time
• Structured, analytical, accurate
• Client-oriented, solution-oriented, result-oriented
• Excellent communication skills (English and Dutch)
• Expert MS Excel user
• University education with good grades, preferably focused on finance/investments
• Willingness to pursue a CFA and/or CAIA designation
• preferably 0 to 2 years of relevant work experience
Van Lanschot Kempen is an international player active in the field of corporate finance, securities brokerage, asset management and private equity. van Lanschot Kempen serves public and private companies, institutional investors, financial institutions and private individuals. Kempen Capital Management (KCM) is the asset management branch of van Lanschot Kempen. Within KCM, the Client Solutions department creates and manages both generic and specific investment- and balance sheet management solutions for institutional investors - pension funds and insurance companies - family offices, foundations and individuals.
Turning talent into value. That's what we do! The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
• A salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
• With a flexible budget (consisting of vacation pay, 13th month and 7 non-statutory vacation days) you can partly put together your secondary employment conditions with us. Think of extra leave, discover the world with a sabbatical, a subscription at the gym or a new bicycle; it's all possible.
• A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities;
For more information you can contact our Recruiter Tanja Schraders on 06-11169152.