- Analytical thinking
- Conceptual thinking
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. This specific vacancy is in the Corporate Advisory team, which is part of Kempen Corporate Finance. The Corporate Advisory team serves both institutional and private clients across a wide variety of sectors in the Benelux. Our private customers are primarily family and director-owned companies, and are generally also cliebnts of Van Lanschot Private Banking. While the team primarily focuses on M&A (and in particular sell-side transactions), they also execute capital market transactions such as IPOs and delistings. For this team, we are looking for a talented young professional who has the ambition to develop their commercial and project management skills in a dynamic team.
Alongside Kempen Corporate Advisory, the corporate finance department constists of several specific sector teams, including European Real Estate, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Tech & Fintech and Infrastructure & Renewables. Besides the sector teams, the team also works closely with the capital markets advisory teams, which provide both ECM and Debt Advisory. In this way, Kempen Corporate Finance can offer its clients distinctive and integrated propositions.
An important element of this is our independent position as an advisor. Our broad knowledge and international experience allow us to provide our clients with relevant, added value, while striving to exceed their expectations. In 2020, a tumultuous year, we completed 41 transactions with a total value of more than €23 billion.
As an Associate in the Corporate Advisory team, you will work in close partnership with your colleagues to win new commissions and clients and implement transactions. You will also be encouraged to contribute creative ideas. Are you interested in reaping the full benefits of this position, and making a difference for our clients? You'll apply your entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to:
- Identifying and winning new customer commissions;
- Collaborating actively with all your colleagues at Van Lanschot Kempen;
- Coordinating workflows (including valuations and due diligence) and the overall project management of transactions;
- Preparing origination and transaction-related analyses and materials (informative memos, management presentations, financial models etc.);
- Taking responsibility for managing and training analysts and trainees.
We are looking for candidates with 3-5 years' work experience, preferably in investment banking. You possess excellent project management and communication skills and are a true team player. You have commercial insight, focus on results, relish taking the initiative, are not afraid of deadlines, recognise a challenge in new things and seize opportunities.
- A completed academic qualification, for example in business administration, business economics or econometrics;
- 3-5 years' relevant work experience, preferably in investment banking;
- Adept at financial modelling and preparing presentations;
- A conceptual thinker with an inquiring mind, empathic and with strong communication skills;
- A team player with a proactive attitude;
- Fluent in both Dutch and English.
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp and Paris. We specialise in Corporate Finance, Securities and Asset Management. Kempen represents professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
To work in a sustainable and future-oriented way, inclusion and diversity are essential. A highly inclusive and diverse workforce helps to drive business performance and innovation, workforce agility and resilience, as well as positive social and environmental impact. It is our ambition for the inflow of each department to be more diverse than the outflow. For example, if an employee leaves or more headcount becomes available, we aim to increase diversity by hiring someone who brings something new to the team. Whether that’s gender, age, nationality, background or anything else.
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields.
We offer you:
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
- A flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, a 13th month and 7 leave days in excess of the statutory entitlement) that you can use to tailor your working conditions to your wishes. This could include extra leave, discovering the world with a sabbatical, a gym membership or a new bike: it's all possible;
- The possibility to take a longer period like a sabbatical, or to spend a longer period at home with your children or, for example, to take care of a family member if necessary;
- We finance part of the childcare for working mothers;
- Do you want to exchange Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascension Day and Whit Monday for another religious holiday? That is also possible!
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Enthusiastic? Apply now using the “Apply now” button. Do you have any questions or would you like more information? Please contact Sophie Koopman at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)612083845
Please note: we ask you to submit your CV and motivation letter in English.