- Solution focused
The Portfolio Risk Management team is part of the broader VLK Group Risk Management department, and is responsible for the implementation of second line financial risk management for the Kempen in-house funds and the portfolios of our institutional clients.
Together with the team you use your specialism and expertise in:
- Overseeing the financial risks within the Kempen house funds and the investment portfolios of our institutional clients;
- Strengthening our risk infrastructure, from improving the data architecture to further developing internal quantitative models that support risk management, and automating our monitoring and reporting activities;
- Making risk analyzes, including developing changing (macro-economic, ESG / climate) scenario analyzes and associated mitigating advice;
- Independently challenging the Kempen house funds (deep dives);
- Providing independent advice to senior management and portfolio managers on risk exposures in the funds and / or mandates under their management;
- Coordinating and conducting validations of business critical models employed at Kempen;
- Helping formulate risk management policy and establish Kempen-wide standards for risk measures and definitions, and then help implement and monitor these;
- Providing support with various internal projects aimed at achieving business objectives.
Ambition and drive are key to succeed at Van Lanschot Kempen. In this role you are constantly in contact with experienced investment professionals. You thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment. You are an intelligent, self-assured professional with a well-developed analytical ability who knows how to separate main and side issues. You are enthusiastic about the continuous further development of the quality and depth of the risk department, and you look for opportunities to automate reports and improve insights from risk analyzes. You are a team player who, together with the PRM team, can put the interests of Van Lanschot Kempen and its customers first. You have a solid footing, a sharp mind and an eye for detail. You know how to convey sharp analyzes and advice and can offer a challenge to critical portfolio managers and other stakeholders as an equal. With your highly developed communication skills you are able to balance employing critical countervailing power and building solid long-term relationships with all stakeholders.
The Requirements For This Role Include
- 5 - 10 years of experience in risk management / portfolio management in the financial sector and preferably at a fund manager or (fiduciary) asset manager;
- Academic degree, preferably in an exact field;
- Certified CFA / FRM / VBA or willing to develop further;
- Active interest in the financial markets;
- Affinity with programming, databases and automation.
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ approximately 450 people at our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp and Paris. We specialize in corporate finance, securities and asset management. Kempen stands for professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
Inclusion and diversity are indispensable to work in a sustainable and future-oriented way. A diverse workforce plays an important role in the innovation, agility and resilience of the organization. It is our ambition to make the new influx in each department more diverse than the outflow. When someone leaves, they look for a new colleague who is an addition to the team in question. This can be about gender, but also about age, nationality, background, etc.
A highly entrepreneurial organization such as Van Lanschot Kempen (“VLK”) is constantly on the move and strongly focused on adding value for our customers. As a Financial Risk Manager - internally referred to as Portfolio Risk Manager (“PRM”) - for the asset management branch of VLK, you are expected to have the flexibility to be able to switch quickly and to get to the core of understanding financial risks and make proposals for risk mitigation. As a Portfolio Risk Management employee you are responsible for raising awareness of our organization and our clients about the financial risks of investing, and for implementing and further developing the risk management policy. You are also involved in the daily monitoring and analysis of client portfolios and Kempen funds. In this way we make a significant contribution to the continued confidence of our customers and fund investors that their assets are in good hands with Kempen.
Turning talent into value. That is what we do. Because if you add value, you can of course expect that from us too. Our employees are our most important capital and we therefore give our employees countless opportunities to grow as a person and in the field.
- An appropriate salary fitting your knowledge & experience;
- With a flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, 13th month and 7 extra-statutory holidays) you can partly put together your fringe benefits, including extra leave, sabbatical options, a subscription to the gym or a new bicycle; it is all possible;
- The possibility to take a longer period of leave in the form of a sabbatical, or to spend a longer period at home with your children or, for example, to take care of a family member if necessary;
- We finance part of the childcare for working mothers;
- Would you like to exchange Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascension Day and Whit Monday for another religious holiday? That is also possible!
- A study costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Ready to add value with us? To contribute for our customers with your expertise and specialism? And become a Financial Risk Manager of the future? If so, we can't wait to meet you!
Do you want to know more first? Tanja Schraders answers all your questions via firstname.lastname@example.org. #Kempen