- Analytical thinking
- Kempen’s Manager Research Solutions (MRS) team consists of 14 dedicated professionals and is responsible for external investment manager selection. The MRS – Equity, Multi-Asset & Impact group covers equity (long-only, long/short, thematic), multi-asset (global macro, diversified growth funds, multi-strategy hedge funds), alternatives (commodities, listed real assets), and impact investments (listed and private markets);
- Next to maintaining a list of approved funds for almost € 60 billion in fiduciary and private banking assets, the MRS team offers actively managed high quality commingled and bespoke multi-manager portfolios in non-traditional asset classes for institutions, family offices, foundations, and high net worth individuals;
- The team is characterized by a combination of (a) intellectual curiosity enabling us be an expert trusted advisor to clients across asset classes and (b) an entrepreneurial mentality with the ambition to beat international competition;
- ESG/Sustainability and efficient use of data & analytics are core elements in the team’s offering and investment process;
- Your role within the team will be to cover a dedicated set of Equity / Multi-Asset / Impact asset classes together with colleagues, whilst simultaneously being involved in the management of multi-manager portfolios. Coverage responsibilities include both sourcing new managers based on thorough qualitative due diligence as well as ongoing monitoring of existing managers through an active dialogue. Collaboration with other teams within the group (e.g. Fiduciary Management & Institutions, Private Client Solutions, Sustainability Center, and the sales organization) is an important element in the job;
- You will join a team that is recognized for its high quality due diligence as well as award winning alternatives multi-manager portfolios. The MRS team forms an essential part in Van Lanschot Kempen’s strategy objective to continue to grow across private banking, fiduciary management, and specialist/alternatives investment solutions.
- You have a broad interest in capital markets in general and equity / multi-asset / impact in particular;
- You have 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience, ideally in manager selection;
- You are expected to combine sharp and forward-looking analysis (combining qualitative and quantitative factors) with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- The candidate combines a strong understanding of capital markets with a solid academic background and is mature enough to challenge external managers during interviews and to build long-term relationships with them;
- Effective collaboration skills are required as well as an affinity with sustainability and data;
- MRS is team-managed (meritocracy-based decision making) so the candidate should be open to a culture where giving and receiving feedback is expected to contribute to continuous improvement.
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp and Paris. We are specialised in Corporate Finance, Securities and Asset Management. Kempen represents professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
To work in a sustainable and future-oriented way, inclusion and diversity are essential. A highly inclusive and diverse workforce helps to drive business performance and innovation, workforce agility and resilience, as well as positive social and environmental impact. It is our ambition for the inflow of each department to be more diverse than the outflow. For example, if an employee leaves or more headcount becomes available, we aim to increase diversity by hiring someone who brings something new to the team. Whether that’s gender, age, nationality, background or anything else.
In addition, our purpose is to create sustainable value for all our stakeholders in a way that contributes to sustainable solutions to the most pressing global challenges. We believe that preserving and growing wealth in a sustainable way is a peoples job.
Turning talent into value. That's what we do! The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields. To reflect this, we offer attractive terms of employment with a focus on the future, personal and professional development, and plenty of flexibility:
- A salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
- With a flexible budget (consisting of vacation pay, 13th month and 7 non-statutory vacation days) you can partly put together your secondary employment conditions with us. Think of extra leave, discover the world with a sabbatical, a subscription at the gym or a new bicycle; it's all possible;
- The possibility to take a longer period like a sabbatical, or to spend a longer period at home with your children or, for example, to take care of a family member if necessary;
- We finance part of the childcare for working mothers;
- Do you want to exchange Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascension Day and Whit Monday for another religious holiday? That is also possible!
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Are you ready to join us and make the difference? Do you want to acquire skills and experience at our leading firm? And are you committed to growing alongside us and our clients? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you.
Do you have questions or do you want to have more information? Please contact Sophie Koopman by email firstname.lastname@example.org.