- Analytical thinking
Kempen & Co is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. It focuses on a number of key sectors including Life Sciences & Healthcare. Within the Life Sciences & Healthcare sector, Kempen & Co executes transaction all over Europe as well as in the US and is one of the leading investment banks servicing European Life Sciences companies.
Typical tasks of an analyst include, amongst others:
- Analysing company and market information;
- Preparing presentations for clients and/or other advisors;
- Performing detailed valuation and financial analyses;
- Preparing transaction documentation, including bid letters, contracts and memos; information memoranda for sales processes; and prospectuses for capital market transactions;
- Managing due diligence processes for mergers, acquisitions and capital market transactions, including legal, financial and commercial due diligence; and
- Maintaining contact with clients and external advisors during transactions.
You will work in teams on the execution of different types of transactions as well as conduct strategic studies and prepare pitches to win new mandates.
We are looking for candidates with a master’s degree and – more importantly – affinity for the financial sector. You have excellent analytical capabilities, excellent communication skills and you are a real team player. You have commercial insight, are proactive, see opportunities and dare to take the initiative. You prefer project-based work, are not afraid of deadlines and are willing to take chances. Are you result-oriented and driven? Do you think you fit in our organization and do you want to take the challenge?
Check your profile:
- Scientific or financial master’s degree;
- Strong affinity and experience with the life sciences & healthcare sector as well as the financial sector;
- Above average grades;
- Extracurricular activities;
- Strong communication skills; and
- Fluent in English (Dutch is not a requirement)
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp and Paris. We specialise in Corporate Finance, Securities and Asset Management. Kempen represents professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
To work in a sustainable and future-oriented way, inclusion and diversity are essential. A highly inclusive and diverse workforce helps to drive business performance and innovation, workforce agility and resilience, as well as positive social and environmental impact. It is our ambition for the inflow of each department to be more diverse than the outflow. For example, if an employee leaves or more headcount becomes available, we aim to increase diversity by hiring someone who brings something new to the team. Whether that’s gender, age, nationality, background or anything else.
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields.
We offer you:
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
- A flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, a 13th month and 7 leave days in excess of the statutory entitlement) that you can use to tailor your working conditions to your wishes. This could include extra leave, discovering the world with a sabbatical, a gym membership or a new bike: it's all possible;
- The possibility to take a longer period like a sabbatical, or to spend a longer period at home with your children or, for example, to take care of a family member if necessary;
- We finance part of the childcare for working mothers;
- Do you want to exchange Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascension Day and Whit Monday for another religious holiday? That is also possible!
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Enthusiastic? Apply now using the “Apply now” button. Do you have any questions or would you like more information? Please contact Sophie Koopman at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)612083845
Please note: we ask you to submit your CV and motivation letter in English.