- Analytical thinking
- Solution focused
The Private Client Solutions department is responsible for the investment services and solutions for private and semi-institutional clients (associations & foundations and family offices) that outsource all or part of their asset management to Van Lanschot Kempen. We are involved in the entire investment process, from setting an appropriate asset allocation to carrying out the investments and communicating with our clients.
As a Junior Fiduciary Manager in the team, you will start in a support role working closely with experienced colleagues. There are plenty of opportunities to develop in all the aspects of our asset management services. That could include helping to develop investment proposals for our clients and prospects, building portfolios, continuing to develop the role of sustainability in the investment solution or contributing to innovative investment ideas that may help the team move forward. As you become more experienced and comfortable with the subject matter, you will also become more involved in serving clients and contributing to solving client investment issues. Your tasks will include:
- Detailing portfolio proposals for our clients, taking into account many different starting points;
- Developing the asset allocation for our clients' investment solutions;
- Rendering account for the results, both financial (performance) and non-financial (service);
- Keeping abreast of and responding to changing regulations and important topics related to our client group;
- Developing new products and services, contributing to the added value we offer our customers;
- Developing financial analyses and solving complex (financial and quantitative) issues of our clients, and;
- Being involved in processes for prospects for the investment subjects.
You have an affinity with investments and financial markets. You have strong analytical skills, can communicate your ideas to your audience; you see a challenge in new developments, embrace technological developments and seize opportunities. Above all, you are a team player. You have good quantitative and communication skills. Entrepreneurship, independence and drive are important core competencies for this position.
Does this sound right for you, and are you ready for a challenge? If so, here's the profile:
- A completed university degree, preferably in a science or economics subject;
- Interested in investment and customer-focused;
- Maximum 3 years' work experience
- Willing to invest further in training, for example with the CFA/VBA;
- Good communication skills in both Futch and English
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp and Paris. We are specialised in Corporate Finance, Securities and Asset Management. Kempen represents professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
To work in a sustainable and future-oriented way, inclusion and diversity are essential. A highly inclusive and diverse workforce helps to drive business performance and innovation, workforce agility and resilience, as well as positive social and environmental impact. It is our ambition for the inflow of each department to be more diverse than the outflow. For example, if an employee leaves or more headcount becomes available, we aim to increase diversity by hiring someone who brings something new to the team. Whether that’s gender, age, nationality, background or anything else.
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
- A flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, a 13th month and 7 leave days in excess of the statutory entitlement) that you can use to tailor your working conditions to your wishes. This could include extra leave, discovering the world with a sabbatical, a gym membership or a new bike: it's all possible;
- The possibility to take a longer period like a sabbatical, or to spend a longer period at home with your children or, for example, to take care of a family member if necessary;
- We finance part of the childcare for working mothers;
- Do you want to exchange Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascension Day and Whit Monday for another religious holiday? That is also possible!
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Are you ready to join us and make the difference? Do you want to acquire skills and experience at our leading firm? And are you committed to growing alongside us and our clients? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you.
Do you have questions or do you want to have more information? Please contact Sophie Koopman via email@example.com.