- Analytical thinking
There is an ongoing need for new and improved economic and social infrastructure. Kempen & Co is highly involved in facilitating key segments like social-, communication-, transport-, energy and utility infrastructure.
One of the themes that demands major infrastructure investment is the energy transition towards renewables. Thanks to our bottom-up knowledge of regulation, assets, companies and technologies, we can look beyond just the numbers and support our clients with the bigger picture. We are thrilled to support a sector that drives the renewable energy transition.
Another theme is the ongoing growth of data consumption. Comparable to electricity and water, we observe data is a basic human need. This has been driving our advisory in communication infrastructure, which includes towers, data centers, fiber, and small cells.
Clients work with us for our original and solid investment ideas, access to investments and institutional investors in the attractive North Western European market, and our combined offering of M&A, ECM and Debt Advisory.
As an Associate Corporate Finance you will be the center of a high performing team that executes various types of transactions as well as conduct strategic studies and prepare pitches to win new mandates.
Your role will typical include activities like:
- Playing a central role in deal execution of infrastructure transactions;
- Preparing and delivering presentations, valuations, and pitches;
- Maintaining client relations during the deal execution period and building M&A and ECM expertise;
- Building the teams culture and capabilities, by active mentoring and training of analyst and interns.
We are looking for candidates with an ambition to develop their investment banking M&A and ECM experience. You have excellent analytical capabilities, excellent communication skills and you are a real team player. You have commercial insight, are proactive, see opportunities and dare to take the initiative. You prefer project-based work, are not afraid of deadlines and are willing to take chances. Are you result-oriented and driven? Do you think you fit in our organization and do you want to take the challenge?
Check your profile:
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience in finance;
- Excellent analytic, modeling, and technical skills;
- Knowledge of renewable and/or digital infrastructure is a pro;
- Professional writing skills, particularly in preparing CIMs and relevant documents and announcements;
- Ambition to work in a role that combines public, private and debt markets;
Strong communication and client management skills;
- Team player;
- University degree; and
- Fluent in English (Dutch is not a requirement).
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp and Paris. We are specialised in Corporate Finance, Securities and Asset Management. Kempen represents professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
To work in a sustainable and future-oriented way, inclusion and diversity are essential. A highly inclusive and diverse workforce helps to drive business performance and innovation, workforce agility and resilience, as well as positive social and environmental impact. It is our ambition for the inflow of each department to be more diverse than the outflow. For example, if an employee leaves or more headcount becomes available, we aim to increase diversity by hiring someone who brings something new to the team. Whether that’s gender, age, nationality, background or anything else.
In addition, our purpose is to create sustainable value for all our stakeholders in a way that contributes to sustainable solutions to the most pressing global challenges. We believe that preserving and growing wealth in a sustainable way is a peoples job.
Turning talent into value. That's what we do! The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields. To reflect this, we offer attractive terms of employment with a focus on the future, personal and professional development, and plenty of flexibility:
- A salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
- With a flexible budget (consisting of vacation pay, 13th month and 7 non-statutory vacation days) you can partly put together your secondary employment conditions with us. Think of extra leave, discover the world with a sabbatical, a subscription at the gym or a new bicycle; it's all possible;
- The possibility to take a longer period like a sabbatical, or to spend a longer period at home with your children or, for example, to take care of a family member if necessary;
- We finance part of the childcare for working mothers;
- Do you want to exchange Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascension Day and Whit Monday for another religious holiday? That is also possible!
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Enthusiastic? Apply now using the “Apply now” button. Do you have any questions or would you like more information? Please contact Eline Aanhane via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: we ask you to submit your CV and motivation letter in English