- Analytical thinking
Create your own future
Debt Advisory is a growing team within Van Lanschot Kempen Investment Banking, advising clients on the origination, structuring, and execution of debt financings. As a Debt Advisory Associate, you will work closely with your colleagues on attracting new business and executing Debt Advisory transactions.
That is what you will use your talents for as a Debt Advisory Associate at Van Lanschot Kempen. You are encouraged to come up with creative ideas and financing solutions. You are taking responsibility for projects and the development of your leadership skills by working together with and being responsible for the work of, Analysts and Interns involved in those projects. Do you want to reap the full benefits of this position, and make a difference for our customers throughout Europe? As a true professional, you will be involved in a wide range of activities such as:
- assisting in originating new client engagements for the Debt Advisory team across the sectors Kempen focuses on.
- preparing, analysing, and helping explain historical and projected financial information in support of ongoing engagements.
- contributing to transaction execution, by preparing transaction-related analyses and materials (information memoranda, management presentations, financial models, etc.).
- assisting in negotiations with lenders and relationship coverage of active debt investors, including banks, credit funds, institutional investors, and other alternative lenders.
- coordinating third-party work by various other professional advisors and performing business due diligence.
Dedicated, creative, and eager to learn - this is how we can best describe you as an Associate. Talents you use to guide our clients to a continuously changing world. By thinking things through and asking questions. You are detail-oriented and always meet deadlines. You recognize the challenge and seize the opportunity. In addition, you certainly have:
- about 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience and affinity with debt solutions.
- sound project management and communication skills.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Dutch is not required).
Move ahead at Van Lanschot Kempen
Engage with a variety of clients in a conscious and data-driven way, investing in a sustainable future. Both nationally and internationally. With more than 300 years' experience, we make that ambition a reality at Van Lanschot Kempen. We do so with around 1,700 colleagues, divided across different expertise’s.
Van Lanschot Kempen Investment Banking focuses on a number of sectors (European Real Estate, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Tech and FinTech, Infrastructure and Corporate Advisory) on an international scale. Within these sectors we know the companies, the investors and are on top of the latest developments and trends. These insights enable us to provide our clients with invaluable support in the areas of fundraising, mergers and acquisitions, and IPOs. Our clients choose Kempen for our independent advice and our dedication to achieve results that exceed their expectations.
The degree of innovation and agility of an organization depends in part on the diversity of its workforce. Thanks to our differences, we strengthen each other. We encourage an inclusive work environment where all colleagues feel at home. With us, you can simply be yourself. And we are proud of that.
Curious about stories from colleagues and how they experience working at Van Lanschot Kempen? Go to People & Projects and find out more!
Turning talent into value!
That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. A good work-life balance and our hybrid way of working is a good example. As an Associate you will get in addition to that:
- competitive monthly salary complemented by a discretionary bonus component based on performance and commercial results.
- flexible working environment and culture that encourages initiative and entrepreneurship.
- personal development program with professional training opportunities.
- annual public transportation pass or mobility card and convenient office location at Amsterdam Zuidas.
- flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, a 13th month and 7 leave days in excess of the statutory entitlement) that you can use to tailor your working conditions to your wishes. This could include extra leave, discovering the world with a sabbatical, a gym membership or a new bike: it's all possible.
- partial coverage of childcare costs for working mothers.
And we have many more employment benefits waiting for you. Find out what you get at Van Lanschot Kempen.
Working on tomorrow's capital
Enthusiastic about the vacancy? Please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Do you have any questions? Please let Maddy Huang, Recruiter know via +316 57 72 78 11 or firstname.lastname@example.org