- Conceptual thinking
- Customer focus
Kempen Corporate Finance and Equity Capital Markets focuses on five sectors, including Real Estate, Life Sciences & Healthcare, FI & Fintech, Infrastructure, Maritime & Offshore serving clients throughout Europe. Within these sectors we have in-depth knowledge about the companies, the investors and the latest developments and trends. These insights enable us to provide our clients with invaluable support in the area of mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets transactions such as IPOs. Our clients choose Kempen for our independent advice and our dedication to achieve results that exceed their expectations. In 2018 we executed 37 transactions with an aggregated value of more than 38 billion. On average we execute over 35 transactions per year.
Do you want to reap the full benefits of this position, and make a difference for our customers throughout Europe? Your entrepreneurial spirit and dedication will be applied to:
- Make a significant contribution furthering the development of Kempen Corporate Finance;
- Research and monitor developments / trends in our focus sectors and identify potential business opportunities;
- Prepare presentations for clients, investors and/or other advisors;
Perform detailed valuation and financial analyses;
- Support the team and take the operational lead in executing complex M&A and ECM transactions; and
- Lead and oversee the preparation of client presentations, information memoranda and financial models.
You will work in teams on the execution of different types of transactions as well as conduct strategic studies and prepare pitches to win new mandates.
Think big, start small. This is how you can make an impact at Kempen. An impact on our customers and on society as a whole. And the urge to make an impact comes from within. Do you see new opportunities in the market? You take the initiative! You know our customers like the back of your hand. You can even see their cases in your dreams. On the other hand, it is our dream to find an Associate / Vice President Corporate Finance who brings that little extra, especially in relation to analytic and communicative skills, commercial vision and initiative. Your drive to learn and develop your skills to their maximum capacity sets you apart from the rest. Check your profile:
- Scientific or financial master’s degree with 3-6 years of work experience;
Affinity with life sciences and the financial sector;
- Skilled in financial modelling and analysis, valuation techniques, presentation preparation, due diligence;
- Ability to work independently, self-starting attitude and highly motivated to work in a dynamic team and challenging environment;
- Proven track record of successful executing various investment banking transactions (M&A, ECM, or equity research in Buy/Sell side, preferably >2 years of corporate finance experience in Life Sciences/Healthcare);
- First class organizational and numeracy skills, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- Ability to provide creative input for deal origination.
- Fluent in English (Dutch is not a requirement)
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp and Paris. We are specialised in Corporate Finance, Securities and Asset Management. Kempen represents professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
Turning talent into value. That's what we do! The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
• A salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
• With a flexible budget (consisting of vacation pay, 13th month and 7 non-statutory vacation days) you can partly put together your secondary employment conditions with us. Think of extra leave, discover the world with a sabbatical, a subscription at the gym or a new bicycle; it's all possible;
• A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
If you are interested in joining the Corporate Finance department, please apply through the website. If you want more information about this position, please contact Tanja Schraders: email@example.com, +31611169152.