- Analytical thinking
We are looking for an experienced Operational auditor who, in addition to teamwork, also takes ownership of their own areas of attention. With a drive and healthy ambition you want to understand the business and supporting IT processes and deliver added value by discovering the "blind spot". Based on curiosity, you look for the management of risks within your area of interest, but also the influences of developments in other areas of interest. You want to understand the situation and be able to substantiate your conclusions, taking into account the commercial interests.
- Performing audit assignments and project reviews, where you provide functional guidance for and participate in the execution of audits. You are responsible for the planning and implementation of these audits and you monitor the quality and the hourly budget;
- Fulfilling the role of account manager for operational control of audits within your area of attention taking into account the relevant (innovative) developments. Part of this is maintaining contact with responsible management;
- Contributing to the further professionalization of the department; you take initiatives to bring the department to a higher level and you involve both internal and external developments;
- Taking care of the annual risk analysis for the focus areas for which you are responsible as part of the annual plan.
Your recommendations help the organization to tackle and solve problems concretely. You do not stop at the audit report, but are involved (from an independent position) in the solution by monitoring the progress and validating the solution.
- You have an Operational audit focus with a thorough knowledge regulatory and compliance topics relevant for the financial sector;
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience;
- You have extensive knowledge and experience of audit techniques, risk analysis, and internal control;
- You are analytically strong, keep an overview but also have an eye for detail. You are result-oriented, look for solutions and show proactivity in this. You put the interests of the client first;
- You have good communication skills (oral and written). You are honest and able to work with internal / external specialists. You are able to quickly establish contacts with the business;
- Own insight and initiative is required and you are constantly looking for ways to improve and further professionalise the working environment and working methods;
- Given the international character of Van Lanschot Kempen and Internal Audit, a sufficient command of English is desirable.
Van Lanschot Kempen is specialized in the future. Since 1737. Today, about 300 years later, our story - about the oldest independent financial institute in the Netherlands - continues. We are proud of our history and are excited for the future with labels such as Kempen (Merchant Bank & Asset Manager), Van Lanschot (Private Banking) and Evi (online investing). We do this with about 1,700 colleagues, divided over the 3 labels and the holding company. We have been working with great dedication and financial craftsmanship on our customers' progress for almost 3 centuries.
Internal Audit consists of ambitious professionals. We have a team of 13 employees who independently and with various colleagues perform audits for Van Lanschot Kempen. The findings of our audits are reported to the Management Board and Executive Board. As a (Lead) Audit Expert, you quickly have contact with senior management. Due to the size of the organization you are able to really exert influence. Internal Audit is based in Amsterdam. The work is generally carried out in Amsterdam. Possibilities for working from home or working at other Van Lanschot Kempen offices are available. The Van Lanschot and Kempen & Co organizations in Switzerland, Belgium, London and New York are also part of our focus area.
Turning talent into value. That's what we do! The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
- A salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
- With a flexible benefit budget you can partly choose your own employment benefits conditions with us. Think of extra leave, discover the world with a sabbatical, a subscription at the gym or a new bicycle; it's all possible.
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Are you ready to join us and make the difference? Do you want to acquire skills and experience at our leading firm? And are you committed to growing alongside us and our clients? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you.
Do you have questions or do you want to have more information? Please contact Tanja Schraders via firstname.lastname@example.org.