The Business Conduct Officer is a key player in the Investment Bank. As part of the business (first line), you will be responsible for implementing compliance and non-financial risk policies. The Business Conduct Officer is the link between the first and second line (compliance, legal, risk management); you will be responsible for designing and implementing procedures and control measures, with a keen eye on the nature of the business of corporate finance, equity capital markets and equities. In light of these policies and procedures, you will be involved in an advisory capacity in the day-to-day execution of the Investment Bank's activities. You will promote awareness of the 'compliant way of working’, and the importance of maintaining and strengthening our reputation, and you will be the first point of contact for the business in this area. This position also involves tasks related to controls in the periodic risk assessments and monitoring of effectiveness and efficiency. We offer you the opportunity to vary the tasks you will perform, and to further grow and develop in a number of areas.
As Business Conduct Officer, you will be responsible for:
- designing and implementing procedures for the business and creating awareness by providing training.
- participating in business committees as an advisor in your areas of interest.
- advising in the day-to-day operational execution of the business conduct procedures, with special attention to key items such as inside information, market abuse, and conflict of interest.
- conducting risk analyses, and actively advising on the control measures to be taken.
- monitoring to determine if the procedures and controls are working effectively, and to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
For this position, we are looking for a proactive professional who feels inspired by this challenging opportunity. You are knowledgeable and experienced in the investment banking sector and you want to be part of a professional, deal-driven, no-nonsense organisation where reputation and integrity are key drivers. You are a team player, you value open and direct communication, and you are able to have and make an impact.
- you think and work at HBO (Higher Vocational Education) or university level.
- you have more than 5 years of experience in compliance or non-financial risk management, preferably in investment banking (corporate finance, equity capital markets, trading, research).
- you possess knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations such as MiFID II, MiFIR, MAR, Wwft.
- you are experienced in conducting risk analyses and in monitoring and control activities.
- you have a positive and independent attitude to work.
- you have good verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English.
Investing in a more future-oriented, sustainable, and data-driven way with various clients. Both nationally and internationally. With over 300 years of experience, we make this ambition a reality at Van Lanschot Kempen. We do this with some 1,700 colleagues in various fields of expertise.
Van Lanschot Kempen Investment Banking focuses on a number of sectors on an international scale. Within these sectors we know the companies, the investors and are on top of the latest developments and trends. These insights enable us to provide our clients with invaluable support in the areas of fundraising, mergers and acquisitions, and IPOs. We provide investors with in-depth research on stocks in our core sectors and facilitate and execute trading for them, providing liquidity.
The degree of innovation and agility of an organization depends in part on the diversity of its workforce. Thanks to our differences, we strengthen each other. We encourage an inclusive work environment where all colleagues feel at home. With us, you can simply be yourself. And we are proud of that.
Curious about stories from colleagues and how they experience working at Van Lanschot Kempen? Go to People & Projects and find out more!
That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. A good work-life balance and our hybrid way of working is a good example. As a Business Conduct Officer you will get in addition to that:
- a competitive gross monthly salary supplemented with a bonus based on performance and commercial results.
- a flexible budget that lets you choose some of your employee benefits. You can choose what to spend this budget on, from a holiday bonus to a thirteenth month, extra leave days and much more.
- a flexible work environment with flexible hours and a culture that encourages initiative and entrepreneurship.
- a choice of annual public transport card or mobility card to cover your travel costs.
- if you’re a working mother, we help finance your childcare costs.
And we have many other employment benefits ready for you. Discover all the benefits of working at Van Lanschot Kempen.
Just the vacancy you were looking for? Please respond by August 31st.
Do you have any questions? Please get in touch with Eline Aanhane, Recruiter via 06-20312225 or firstname.lastname@example.org