- Analytical thinking
- Customer responsibility
- Solution focused
The Business Development Analyst Institutional Relations (IR) is responsible for supporting the sales strategy, as well as:
- Contribute to Kempen reaching its international growth ambitions;
- Reaching predetermined targets for expanding Kempen’s network, finding new mandates, and meetings;
- Collate and update data around key individuals and organisations for target companies including contact details and useful networks;
- Develop relationships with prospective investors through phone calls, e-mails and (virtual) meetings;
- Manage and maintain activities and opportunities in CRM systems on a timely basis;
- Develop product fluency across various investment options - including fixed income, equity, alternatives, real estate, infrastructure and other private markets;
- Work collaboratively with other departments within Kempen to meet clients’ needs and objectives;
- Participate in various initiatives within the core team approach and the broader sales channel to promote the overall success of the business;
- Executes risk management practices through the adherence to Kempen’s policies and procedures.
- Previous relevant experience in business development, preferably with a focus on products and solutions that Kempen offers;
- Familiarity with a CRM system;
- Sound industry and investment knowledge across a wide range of traditional and alternative Investment products;
- Consultant relationships/knowledge highly desirable;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Candidates who are studying or intending to study for IMC or CFA (or other finance related professional qualifications) will be preferred.
Think big, start small. That’s the way to make an impact on both our clients and society in your role at Kempen. That desire to make an impact runs through your veins. Do you see new business opportunities? Feel free and take the initiative! You know our clients through and through. You also have:
- Self-managed, highly driven by relationship management;
- Able to act swiftly and accurately to identify and analyse relevant information regarding work and tasks;
- Is respectful of differing opinions; works effectively with people from a range of different backgrounds;
- Proven intellectual ability and interpersonal skills. Able to establish credibility with and influence the institutional investor community;
- Requires problem solving, oral and written communications, and presentation skills;
- Highly effective in forging working relationships with team members and business counterparts;
- Understanding the importance of client databases and an eye for detail;
- Being able to amalgamate multiple data sources;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills;
- Strong time management, organisational and problem solving skills;
- Strong professional and personal integrity;
- Tech savvy.
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp and Paris. We are specialised in Corporate Finance, Securities and Asset Management. Kempen represents professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
The Business Development Analyst of KCM is responsible for supporting the Business Development teams and other colleagues as required in relation to marketing and sales activities in the international sales team in order to achieve our short and long term commercial objectives in terms of clients, assets-under-management and revenues. This role requires a candidate who has strong interpersonal skills, is committed to excellence, and has the personal presence and demeanour to represent Kempen with distinction.
Area of business:
As a member of the Institutional Relations team, the role centres around supporting sales activities with an aim to support the international growth of our business. The sales activities are focussed on raising assets from a spectrum of investors across Europe for Kempen’s strategies include a range of Equity, Credit, Alternative and Multi-Asset Funds. This involves cultivating relationships with prospects as well as the coordination of sales and marketing efforts, project management, and collaboration with other members of the organisation in order to meet assigned sales goals and firm-wide product initiatives.
Turning talent into value. That's what we do at Kempen. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields. Kempen offers you:
- a salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
- a 13th month;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 5% performance bonus on your gross monthly salary (% depending on your performance);
- a season ticket for 2nd class public transport;
- a pension contribution of 4% of your pension basis;
- participation in Van Lanschot Kempen’s profit-sharing scheme;
- 216 hours off per year on a full-time basis;
- a training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities;
- participation in the vitality programme;
- a smartphone and a laptop;
- fitness plan;
- 9% discount on collective healthcare plan;
- 1 day a year that you can spend on social work during working hours.
Are you ready to join us and make the difference? Do you want to be the best in your field, and stay the best? And are you committed to growing alongside us and our clients? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like some more information first, Tanja Schraders will answer all your questions by e-mail email@example.com. #Kempen