- Solution focused
The Business Development Director, Wholesale Distribution (WD) is responsible for developing relationships and generating revenues from clients and prospects leveraging Kempen’s range of investment strategies and solutions in order to achieve our short and long term commercial objectives in terms of clients, assets-under-management and revenues. This role requires a candidate who has an existing commercial network in the UK and possibly internationally, has proven strong interpersonal & commercial skills, aptitude for investment solutions, is committed to excellence, and has the personal presence and demeanour to achieve results in the ever evolving investment management industry.
Specifically, the Business Development Director WD is responsible for:
- Identification, development, proper recording (via CRM system) and qualification of UK wholesale distribution prospects by managing and coordinating presentations, liaising with the investment teams and DDQ submissions;
- Identifying requirements of UK wealth managers, private banks, certain multi-managers / platforms in terms of potential interest in investment products and solutions;
- Converting qualified prospects into clients by leading the sales process, interacting and co-operating with colleagues as necessary;
- Cultivating existing clients in co-operation with the Account Management Team;
- Drive development of the UK wholesale distribution and related sales processes;
- Working with the investment management teams to improve conversion rate for UK clients and relevance of Kempen’s product offering;
- Contributing to presentations, DDQs, marketing material;
- Contributing to the development and management of the brand of Kempen and increasing Kempen’s brand recognition in the UK WD sector;
- Contributing to the development, implementation and maintenance of the UK marketing and communications strategy;
- Liaising with colleagues to implement the marketing & communications strategy;
- Work closely with international sales colleagues in Amsterdam, Paris, Zurich;
- If suitable manage junior business development staff;
- Complying with all Kempen Investment Management policies and procedures.
- More than 5 years’ experience in UK business development, preferably with a focus on products and solutions that are relevant to Kempen’s range;
- Proven existing commercial network in UK wholesale distribution;
- Sound industry and investment knowledge across a wide range of traditional and alternative Investment products;
- Familiarity with a CRM system and willingness to use technology in commercial processes;
- Fluent written and spoken English, international outlook a positive Bachelor’s degree
- Self-managed, highly driven;
- Demonstrable experience in generating and converting leads;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills;
- Works effectively with people from a range of different backgrounds;
- Proven intellectual ability and interpersonal skills. Established credibility and influence within the WD investor community;
- Ability to present solutions and hold related conversations at senior client levels;
- Highly effective in forging working relationships with team members and business counterparts;
- Strong time management, organisational and problem solving skills;
- Strong professional and personal integrity;
- Adaptive & Tech savvy.
Van Lanschot Kempen specialises in the future. And has done since 1737. Today, around 300 years later, our story – of the oldest independent financial institution in the Netherlands – continues. With labels such as Kempen (merchant bank & asset manager), Van Lanschot (private banking), and Evi (online investment), our history continues in the world of today. We do so with around 1,700 colleagues, divided across the three labels and the holding company. In total, we have spent almost three centuries working to improve our customers' position, with great dedication and financial skill.
Area of business
As a senior member of the Institutional Relations team, the BD Director role is responsible for generating leads, developing relationships and converting prospects into clients primarily within the UK WD segment (incl. general banks, wealth managers, private banks, multifamily offices). In addition, BD Director will cultivate relationships with existing clients supported by the Account Management team and is responsible for contributing actively to the development and maintenance of the overall sales process as well as all marketing and sales activities in the UK in order to achieve the commercial goal in terms of clients, relationships, assets-under-management, and revenues. The sales activities are focussed on raising assets for Kempen’s strategies and solutions include a range of Equity, Credit and Alternative Funds. This involves coordination of sales and marketing efforts, project management, and collaboration with other members of the organisation in order to meet assigned sales goals and firm-wide product initiatives. Finally, London often performs a “hub function” for pan-European banks, in which cases success in London is critical to success across Europe.
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
• a salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
• Private medical Insurance, an enhanced Employer’s pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection and 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• a training and development plan for personal and professional training opportunities.
Will our story become your story? Do you want to build on the future with us? And are you committed to growing together? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like some more information first, Tanja Schraders will answer all your questions by e-mail email@example.com. #Kempen