- Analytical thinking
- Quality focused
Our compliance programmes are designed to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations and deliver an indispensable contribution to Van Lanschot Kempen’s vision and strategy.
A core element of our compliance program is dedicated to monitoring. We want to further strengthen and optimise our monitoring activities and are looking for you, a Compliance Analyst with the drive to analyse and review control arrangements and to support the business with advice to implement efficient and future-proof control solutions for compliance risks.
The main purpose of this role is to conduct compliance monitoring, provide guidance on control arrangements, design and prepare reporting and to contribute to the further development of the compliance monitoring program. You will be involved with control arrangements in varies business units and activities as part of the comprehensive scope of our monitoring program,. You will also assist the compliance team with regards to the broader compliance risk framework of Van Lanschot Kempen.
In this role you will have broad exposure to different markets, activities and regulations and you will work within a dynamic environment that will allow you to develop as a compliance professional and to make an impact within Van Lanschot Kempen.
The Compliance organisation of Van Lanschot Kempen consists of a larger group of compliance professionals. We approach compliance at Van Lanschot Kempen in line with our strategic objective “to act as one” and strive for harmonised solutions across all our business units. In your role as a Compliance Analyst Monitoring & Control, you will directly report to the Compliance Head responsible for the compliance risk framework at Van Lanschot Kempen.
- Contribute to the execution of the compliance monitoring plan as defined in the compliance annual monitoring program;
- Collaborate with the compliance team on the further development of the compliance program;
- Pro-actively participate in the further development of the VLK WM compliance monitoring program;
- Support the development of monitoring methodology in close cooperation with the compliance team, Non-Financial Risk Management and first line business control;
- Advice the business on enhancement of controls as require;
- Advance the digitalisation of the Compliance control risk framework;
- Support the improvement of the compliance control dashboard;
- Assist on responses to regulatory enquiries.
You join Van Lanschot Kempen with enthusiasm and with the aspiration to excel as a compliance professional. You are a proactive, hands-on, result-oriented and fast-learner compliance professional that wants to make an impact in the organisation and you have great interest in compliance monitoring and control.
To successfully fulfil this mission, you have:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience with compliance monitoring in a compliance, audit or consultancy role at a larger financial organization or consultancy firm;
- Academic background (law, economics or another relevant academic background, preferable audit or equivalent certification);
- Knowledge of financial markets regulation such as MIFID II, MAD/MAR, EMIR, Wwft, AIFMD;
- Proactive, result-oriented, and well organized;
- Team player that is able to work independently;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure;
- Adaptive to a changing environment and translate this into monitoring requirements;
- Knowledgeable on data usage and analytics, preferable knowledge of Power BI;
- Affinity with enterprise risk systems and understanding of control automation;
- Fluent in both Dutch and English;
- Eager to learn and to improve.
Van Lanschot Kempen is a specialist, independent wealth manager, which focuses on maintaining and growing the wealth of our clients. Our strength lies in the special and strong relationship that our established names, Van Lanschot and Kempen, have with our institutional and private clients. Private Banking, Asset Management and Merchant Banking are the areas in which we excel, and in which we stand out thanks to our personal attention, knowledge and experience. Van Lanschot Kempen is a publicly listed company.
At Van Lanschot Kempen we strive to provide our clients and business partners with the highest level of service and to ensure all activities are compliant and in accordance with both, our own standards and values, as well as those demanded by regulators and our clients.
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
- A flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, a 13th month and 7 leave days in excess of the statutory entitlement) that you can use to tailor your working conditions to your wishes. This could include extra leave, discovering the world with a sabbatical, a gym membership or a new bike: it's all possible;
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Then please contact us. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Tanja Schraders, our Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org.