The Role and Department
Our compliance programmes are designed to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations and deliver an indispensable contribution to Van Lanschot Kempen’s vision and strategy.
A core element of our compliance program is dedicated to monitoring. We want to further strengthen and optimise our monitoring activities and are looking for you, a Compliance monitoring specialist with the drive to analyse and review control arrangements and to support the business with advice to implement efficient and future-proof control solutions for compliance risks.
The main purpose of this role is to conduct compliance monitoring, to provide guidance on control arrangements, design and prepare reporting. By your involvement in designing solutions for efficient and data based monitoring solution you contribute to the further development of the compliance monitoring program. You will be involved with control arrangements in varies business units and activities as part of the comprehensive scope of our monitoring program. In your monitoring role you will also be involved in the compliance teams work to furtherance the compliance risk management and monitoring framework of Van Lanschot Kempen.
In this role you will have broad exposure to different markets, activities and regulations and you will work within a dynamic environment that will allow you to develop as a compliance professional and to make an impact within Van Lanschot Kempen.
The Compliance organisation of Van Lanschot Kempen consists of a larger group of compliance professionals. We approach compliance at Van Lanschot Kempen in line with our strategic objective “to act as one” and strive for harmonised solutions across all our business units. In your role as a Compliance Analyst Monitoring, you will directly report to the Compliance Head of Compliance Risk Management & Monitoring.
- Contribute to the execution of the compliance monitoring plan as defined in the compliance annual monitoring program;
- Collaborate with the compliance team on the further development of the compliance program;
- Pro-actively drive the development of efficient and data based monitoring solutions;
- Support the development of monitoring methodology in close cooperation with the compliance team, Non-Financial Risk Management and first line business control;
- Advice the business on enhancement of controls as required;
- Contribute to advancing the digitalisation of the compliance control risk framework;
- Support the development of the compliance control dashboard;
- Assist on responses to regulatory enquiries.
You join Van Lanschot Kempen with enthusiasm and with the aspiration to excel as a compliance professional. You are a proactive, hands-on, result-oriented and fast-learner compliance professional that wants to make an impact in the organisation and you have great interest in compliance monitoring and control.
To successfully fulfil this mission, you have:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience with compliance monitoring in a compliance, risk management or audit role at a larger financial organization;
- Academic background (law, economics or another relevant academic background, preferable audit or equivalent certification);
- Knowledge of financial markets regulation such as MIFID II, MAD/MAR, EMIR, AIFMD;
- Proactive, result-oriented, and well organized;
- Team player that is able to work independently;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure;
- Adaptive to a changing environment and translate this into monitoring requirements;
- Knowledgeable on data usage and analytics, preferable knowledge of Power BI;
- Affinity with enterprise risk systems and understanding of control automation;
- Fluent in both Dutch and English;
- Eager to learn and to improve.
Van Lanschot Kempen specialises in the future. And has done since 1737. Today, around 300 years later, our story – of the oldest independent financial institution in the Netherlands – continues. With labels such as Kempen (merchant bank & asset manager), Van Lanschot (private banking), and Evi (online investment), our history continues in the world of today. We do so with around 1,700 colleagues, divided across the three labels and the holding company. In total, we have spent almost three centuries working to improve our customers' position, with great dedication and financial skill.
Van Lanschot Kempen is a specialist, independent wealth manager, which focuses on maintaining and growing the wealth of our clients. Our strength lies in the special and strong relationship that our established names, Van Lanschot and Kempen, have with our institutional and private clients. Private Banking, Asset Management and Merchant Banking are the areas in which we excel, and in which we stand out thanks to our personal attention, knowledge and experience. Van Lanschot Kempen is a publicly listed company.
At Van Lanschot Kempen we strive to provide our clients and business partners with the highest level of service and to ensure all activities are compliant and in accordance with both, our own standards and values, as well as those demanded by regulators and our clients.
We delight in exceeding the expectations of our (internal) clients. That’s something we need you for, because our employees are our most important asset. So expect to have endless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in your professional field. At Van Lanschot Kempen, you can also count on
- a salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
- a 13th month;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 5% performance bonus on your gross monthly salary (% depending on your performance);
- a season ticket for 2nd class public transport;
- a pension contribution of 4% of your pension basis;
- participation in Van Lanschot Kempen’s profit-sharing scheme;
- 216 hours off per year on a full-time basis;
- a training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities;
- participation in the vitality programme;
- a smartphone and a laptop;
- fitness plan;
- 9% discount on collective healthcare plan;
- 1 day a year that you can spend on social work during working hours.
Will our story become your story? Do you want to build on the future with us? And are you committed to growing together? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like some more information first, Tanja Schraders will answer all your questions by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.