- Analytical thinking
We are a wealth manager in heart and soul. At Van Lanschot Kempen we strive to provide our customers and business partners with the highest level of service and to ensure all activities are compliant and in accordance with both, our own standards and values, as well as those demanded by regulators and our customers. Our integrity and good reputation is key to us, which we like to preserve. Our compliance programmes are designed to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations and deliver an indispensable contribution to Van Lanschot Kempen's vision and strategy.
We, the Compliance team, contribute to the trust that our clients have in Van Lanschot Kempen and we are looking for a Compliance Officer to cover Van Lanschot Kempen’s markets and trading related activities.
The main purpose of this role is to provide compliance advice to Van Lanschot Kempen on all their markets and trading related activities conducted across various coverage areas, including capital markets, sales and trading, buy-side and treasury execution, structured products, research and benchmark administration. You will also assist the wider Compliance team on the implementation of the compliance strategy and program for Van Lanschot Kempen.
In this role you will have broad exposure to different markets, activities and regulations and you will work within a dynamic environment that will allow you to be a successful compliance officer and to make an impact within Van Lanschot Kempen.
• Provide compliance advice to business personnel, with regards to the rules, regulation and internal policies that govern the Van Lanschot Kempen markets-related activities;
• Provide advice on other regulatory and policy matters, including new products and business initiatives;
• Participate in the continuous development of the policy framework for the coverage areas, with a special attention to market abuse, conflicts of interest, product governance and best execution;
• Participate in the compliance risk assessment for the coverage areas;
• Perform compliance reviews and monitoring as needed for the coverage areas;
• Help develop and deliver training as part of compliance training program;
• Collaborate with the broader Compliance team on the implementation of the compliance program;
• Assist in regulatory investigations and audits;
• Assist on responses to relevant regulatory enquiries; and
• Enhance the level of conduct within the coverage areas.
You join Van Lanschot Kempen with enthusiasm and with the aspiration to excel as a compliance professional. You are a proactive, hands-on, result-oriented and fast-learner compliance professional that wants to make an impact in the organisation and you have great interest in the financial markets and financial regulation.
To successfully fulfil this mission, you have:
• Minimum 3+ years of compliance experience working with EU regulations including the EU Benchmark Regulation, MiFID and EMIR;
• Academic background (law, finance or economics or another relevant academic background);
• Experience working in a compliance function preferably within an advisory role with exposure to Equity or FICC products;
• Proactive, resolutive, self-motivated and well organized;
• Team player that is able to work independently;
• Forward looking, focused on streamlining processes and increasing efficiency;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure;
• Adaptive to a changing environment
• Affinity with digitalisation and IT solutions
• Fluent in English;
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral; and
• Great interest in the financial markets and financial regulation and a willingness to learn.
Van Lanschot Kempen is a specialist, independent wealth manager, which focuses on maintaining and growing the wealth of our clients. Our strength lies in the special and strong relationship that our established names, Van Lanschot and Kempen, have with our institutional and private clients. Private Banking, Asset Management and Merchant Banking are the areas in which we excel, and in which we stand out thanks to our personal attention, knowledge and experience. Van Lanschot Kempen is a publicly listed company.
The Compliance organisation of Van Lanschot Kempen consists of a large team of compliance professionals across the Van Lanschot Kempen Group. We approach compliance at Van Lanschot Kempen in line with our strategic objective “to act as one” and strive for harmonised solutions across all our business units. In your role as a Compliance Officer, you will directly report to the Head of Regulatory and Markets Compliance at Van Lanschot Kempen.
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
• a salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
• a flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, a 13th month and 7 leave days in excess of the statutory entitlement) that you can use to tailor your working conditions to your wishes. This could include extra leave, discovering the world with a sabbatical, a gym membership or a new bike: it's all possible;
• a training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Then please contact us. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Tanja Schraders, our Recruiter, via email@example.com.