The Role and Department
Our compliance program is designed to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations and deliver an indispensable contribution to Van Lanschot Kempen’s vision and strategy.
We, the Compliance team, contribute to the trust our clients have in Van Lanschot Kempen and we are looking for a Compliance Officer to cover the Van Lanschot Kempen’s private clients – related activities.
The main purpose of this role is to provide compliance advice to Van Lanschot Kempen on all their investment service activities. Additionally, you will operate the compliance program for client protection topics, including disclosures, marketing communication, product governance, suitability and appropriateness.
You will also assist the wider Compliance team on the implementation of the compliance strategy and program for Van Lanschot Kempen.
In this role you will have broad exposure to different client groups, activities and regulations and you will work within a dynamic environment that will allow you to operate successfully as a compliance professional and to make an impact within Van Lanschot Kempen.
The Compliance organisation of Van Lanschot Kempen consists of a team of compliance professionals. We approach compliance at Van Lanschot Kempen in line with our strategic objective “to act as one” and strive for harmonised solutions across all our client groups. In your role as a Compliance Officer, you will directly report to the member of the Compliance Management Team responsible for Client Management & Origination at Van Lanschot Kempen.
- Provide compliance advice to business personnel, with regard to the rules, regulation and internal policies that govern the Van Lanschot Kempen private clients related investment activities;
- Provide advice on other regulatory and policy matters, including new products, services and business initiatives;
- Participate in the continuous development of the policy framework for the coverage areas, with a special attention to product governance, suitability and disclosures;
- Participate in the compliance risk assessment for the coverage areas;
- Perform compliance reviews, monitoring and investigations as needed for the coverage areas, in cooperation with the monitoring team;
- Pro-actively participate in the continuous development of the group-wide compliance program;
- Assist on responses to regulatory enquiries;
- Assist on the development of policies and procedures;
- Assist on the compliance reporting to the business on all related Compliance topics;
- Enhance level of conduct within the coverage areas;
- Stimulate organizational change and understand the importance of new technologies.
You join Van Lanschot Kempen with enthusiasm and with the aspiration to excel as a compliance professional. You are a proactive, hands-on, result-oriented and fast-learner compliance professional that wants to make an impact in the organisation and you have great interest in compliance and financial regulation.
To successfully fulfil this mission, you have:
- Minimum of 3+ years of compliance experience working in an advice role at a financial organization or in a consultancy role;
- Academic background (law, economics or another relevant academic background);
- Solid knowledge of financial markets regulation such as MIFID II, MAR and EMIR,
- Proactive, result-oriented, and well organized;
- Team player who can work independently;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure;
- Adaptive to a changing environment and translate this into compliance requirements;
- Affinity with digitalisation and IT solutions;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; and
- Eager to learn and to improve.
Van Lanschot Kempen is specialised in the future. Since 1737, for some 300 years, our story - about the oldest independent financial institution in the Netherlands - continues. We are proud of our history and are excited for the future with leading brands including Kempen (Merchant Bank & Asset Manager), Van Lanschot (Private Banking) and Evi (online investing). We do this with about 1,700 colleagues, divided over the three brands and the holding company. We have been working with great dedication and financial craftsmanship on our clients’ progress for almost three centuries.
To work in a sustainable and future-oriented way, inclusion and diversity are essential. A highly inclusive and diverse workforce helps to drive business performance and innovation, workforce agility and resilience, as well as positive social and environmental impact. It is our ambition for the inflow of each department to be more diverse than the outflow. For example, if an employee leaves or more headcount becomes available, we aim to increase diversity by hiring someone who brings something new to the team. Whether that’s gender, age, nationality, background or anything else.
In addition, our purpose is to create sustainable value for all our stakeholders in a way that contributes to sustainable solutions to the most pressing global challenges. We believe that preserving and growing wealth in a sustainable way is a person’s job .
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
- A flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, a 13th month and 7 leave days in excess of the statutory entitlement) that you can use to tailor your working conditions to your wishes. This could include extra leave, discovering the world with a sabbatical, a gym membership or a new bike: it's all possible;
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Will our story become your story? Do you want to build on the future with us? And are you committed to growing together? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you. Apply for this Compliance Officer.
If you’d like some more information first, Marc Bosman will answer all your questions if you send him an e-mail at email@example.com.