- Analytical thinking
- Market focused
Do you have interest in financial markets and affinity with Life Sciences (biotech, pharma, medtech, diagnostics) and are you up for the challenge? Apply now to join Kempen’s Life Sciences Equities team.
The Life Sciences Equities team is looking for a talented equity research analyst. As research analyst you will analyse a wide range of biotech/pharma companies, you will be writing research on life sciences stocks that are sent to our clients, and you will be marketing our research and investment ideas to a broad range of investors located throughout Europe and the US. You will work closely with other team members of the Life Sciences Equities team, including equity research analysts, specialist sales, and traders.
Your activities will consist of:
- Conduct primary research on various industries and companies;
- Identify investment opportunities and support ideas with rigorous analysis;
- Build and update financial models;
- Develop relationships with investor clients and company management teams;
- Support and collaborate with senior research analysts.
We are looking for someone with:
- 1-3 years experience at the intersection of healthcare and finance
- A scientific Master’s degree or a PhD
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- A proactive attitude, who can thrive in a demanding environment
- A strong work ethic with a teamplayer mentality
- Fluent in English (speaking/writing), other languages are helpful (Dutch is not required)
Investing in a more future-oriented, sustainable, and data-driven way with various clients. Both nationally and internationally. With over 300 years of experience, we make this ambition a reality at Van Lanschot Kempen. We do this with some 1,700 colleagues in various fields of expertise.
Van Lanschot Kempen Securities focuses on a number of sectors on a European scale (Real Estate, Life Sciences, Infrastructure and Small Mid Cap stocks). Within these sectors we know the companies, the investors and are on top of the latest developments and trends. These insights enable us to provide our clients with support in the areas of alpha generation, liquidity, management access, fundraising, IPOs etc... Our clients choose Kempen for our independent advice and our dedication to achieve results that exceed their expectations.
An organisation's degree of innovation and agility also depends on the diversity of its workforce. Our differences make us stronger together. We promote an inclusive work environment where all colleagues feel at home. With us, you can be yourself. And we are proud of that.
Curious about the stories of colleagues and how they experience working at Van Lanschot Kempen? Go to People & Projects and find out more!
Turning Talent into Value!
That's what we do! The fact is, if you add value, you can expect the same from us in return. A good work-life balance with our 'hybrid way of working' is a good example of this. As an Equity Research Analyst, you will also be given:
- Competitive monthly salary complemented by a discretionary bonus component based on performance and commercial results.
- Flexible working environment and culture that encourages initiative and entrepreneurship.
- Personal development program with professional training opportunities and the opportunity to rotate between sector or product teams.
- Annual public transportation pass or mobility card and convenient office location at Amsterdam Zuidas.
- Flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, a 13th month, and 7 leave days in excess of the statutory entitlement) that you can use to tailor your working conditions to your wishes. This could include extra leave, discovering the world with a sabbatical, a gym membership, or a new bike: it's all possible.
And we have many other employment benefits ready for you. Discover all the benefits of working at Van Lanschot Kempen.
Just the vacancy you were looking for? Please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Do you have any questions? Please get in touch with Eline Aanhane, Recruiter at email@example.com.