Van Lanschot Kempen (VLK) is a wealth manager in heart and soul. We, the Compliance team, contribute to the trust that our clients have in VLK. We are looking for a Head of Anti Financial Crime who will drive our AFC framework and keep it fit for purpose. Ensuring an appropriate AFC policy framework addressing Anti-money Laundering, Anti-terrorist Financing, Know-Your-Client, Sanctions, Bribery & Corruption and Fraud implemented to advising on effective control procedures will be your area of focus. Under your leadership, a team of expert will support the further development of systems, procedures and processes as established to safeguard that AFC risks are properly managed and effectively mitigated. The cooperation with other control functions and a group-wide, harmonised approach are important elements of your role and crucial to ensure an effective AFC program.
The Compliance organisation of VLK consists of a team of about 20 professionals. We approach compliance at Van Lanschot Kempen in line with our strategic objective “to act as one” and strive for harmonised solutions across all our business units. In your role as Head of Anti Financial Crime, you will directly report to the Chief Compliance Officer of Van Lanschot Kempen.
• With a vision and based on solid experience, he/she is driving the AFC compliance program.
• Managing the program and the implementation of manual and automated processes/procedures in close cooperation with the business units and key stakeholders in- and outside VLK.
• He/she will act as a subject matter expert providing guidance and advice to the business and compliance officers regarding the provisions and regulatory requirements in this area.
• Develop a longer term vision and strategy for the AFC program of VLK based on expected (regulatory) developments in this area.
• Lead the AFC team (3-4 people) and coach and mentor the team with his/her technical expertise and get involved in the most complex cases.
• Support efficient and effective implementation of AFC regulations into practical policies and procedures for VLK and keep these updated.
• Report to and advise the Executive Management on all matters related to AFC.
• Bring energy and drive transformation and further professionalization of the Compliance function.
• Contribute to setting the strategic direction of the Compliance organisation.
• Support the improvement of compliance control framework from an AFC perspective.
• Represent VLK to internal and external stakeholders including DNB and AFM (also on behalf of foreign operations that have to comply with Dutch regulations) regarding AFC related matters.
• Work closely with the Legal and the Risk Management teams at VLK.
• Identify new or upcoming laws, rules and regulations and actively contribute to the effective and efficient implementation of respective policies, procedures and controls.
You join Van Lanschot Kempen with enthusiasm, a drive to perform and the aspiration to bring compliance to the next level.
You strive for the best possible result, are a robust professional, persuasive in your communication while having a pragmatic attitude. You can simplify complex matters, keep business necessities in mind. As an effective team builder and leader you have the ability to influence, motivate, mentor. And you bring the following:
• Extensive experience in financial markets activities
• Academic background, (law, finance or economics or another relevant academic background);
• At least 10 years' experience in financial markets compliance, with several years' experience in the field of financial crime and sanctions;
• Excellent knowledge of legislation and regulations relevant to Financial Crime (Anti-money Laundering, Anti-terrorist Financing, Know-Your-Client, Customer Due Diligence, Sanctions, Bribery & Corruption, Fraud)
• A deep understanding of banking products and services;
• Management experience;
• An excellent command of English and Dutch.
Van Lanschot Kempen is a specialist, independent wealth manager, which focuses on maintaining and growing the wealth of our clients. Our strength lies in the special and strong relationship that our established names, Van Lanschot and Kempen, have with our institutional and private clients. Private Banking, Asset Management and Merchant Banking are the areas in which we excel, and in which we stand out thanks to our personal attention, knowledge and experience. Van Lanschot Kempen is a publicly listed company.
At Van Lanschot Kempen we strive to provide our customers and business partners with the highest level of service and to ensure all activities are compliant and in accordance with both, our own standards and values, as well as those demanded by regulators and our customers. Our integrity and good reputation is key to us, which we like to preserve. Our compliance programmes are designed to ensures compliance with laws, rules and regulations and deliver an indispensable contribution to Van Lanschot Kempen 's vision and strategy.
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
• a salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
• a flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, a 13th month and 7 leave days in excess of the statutory entitlement) that you can use to tailor your working conditions to your wishes. This could include extra leave, discovering the world with a sabbatical, a gym membership or a new bike: it's all possible;
• a training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Then please contact us. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Tanja Schraders, our Recruiter, via email@example.com.