- Customer responsibility
The Competence Centre has been put in place to achieve tangible commercial results on the back of Invictus. This means leveraging upon what we already have: existing clients, existing content and existing competences across the full VLK organization. And also fortifying common threads that exist across the organization. The key to the success of the competence center is to prioritise and focus on areas that offer scope for the greatest tangible commercial results.
The client and prospect journey competence within the competence center is about leveraging a commercial mindset following an “act as one” principle across the organization. This competence acts as a sparring partner to the client group leads in order to identify the best commercial opportunities and to identify and design the right route to unlocking them in the context of multi-disciplinary teams. This competence covers the following areas:
- Enhancing client experience – in its broadest sense;
- Enhancing commercial rigor in acting as one: empowering clients to experience the full suite of VLK’s offering across silos. This includes coaching, idea generation, chairing cross-silo commercial meetings etc.;
- Thinking along with commercial colleagues in nurturing leads (bridging prospect to client), considering ways to enhance profitability of existing clients and implementing structure around digital tooling.
The role of the head of VLK client and prospect journey requires the following characteristics:
- Putting commercial momentum over process: Leads by example with a strong sense of commercial rigor and a “client-first” mindset;
- Oversight of the whole value chain: The crux of the role lies in the ability to think broad, whilst zooming into specific areas along the value chain in order to achieve tangible results;
- Inspiration and creativity as the approach to conducting analysis: Empowering colleagues to consider clients as being clients of VLK versus clients of a specific silo of VLK. In order to make things tangible and relatable creativity will be needed;
- Being results orientated with an iterative approach: This means designing, implementing and iterating i.e. validating outcomes quickly and then adapting. A strong results-orientated discipline is required.
- Commercial department: This person should have working experience at the heart of commercial units within a financial organization. And therefore inhibit client-led thinking and be genuinely curious about what the interests and incentives are of clients across VLK;
- Agile working: This person should have working experience with agile working. With a proven track record of fast implementation, testing and adapting;
- Digital competence: Collaboration with DAAT within this role is key which works best if this candidate is digitally native;
- Collaboration with both direct and indirect reports: This person should have a strong track record of collaborating with direct reports in an empowering way, facilitating self-steering teams. Equally, this person should have experience working with indirect reports in an efficient, collaborative and results-orientated way. This is important considering this role will function in a collaborative way with other competences as well as with the client group leads.
Kempen specialises in asset management (Kempen Capital Management), and corporate finance and securities brokerage (Kempen Merchant Bank). . We are a leading boutique investment bank, currently with about 450 colleagues, where personal attention, commitment and focus on a few selected markets have been a priority for more than 100 years. We’re all that little bit different, but we all share the same characteristics when it comes to courage and ambition. Kempen is part of Van Lanschot Kempen. We’ve applied our history of success to the contemporary world, with the labels Van Lanschot (private banking), Evi (online investment) and Kempen .
You share your specialism and expertise with the Competence Center team.
Your workplace is at Amsterdam Zuidas, within walking distance of the train and metro station, and right next to the A10 orbital motorway. Our office building at Beethovenstraat 300 offers everything you could wish for, from inspiring colleagues and comfortable workspaces to excellent coffee in our own café on the 16th floor with fantastic views over Amsterdam.
Turning talent into value. That's what we do at Kempen. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields. Kempen offers you:
- a salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
- a 13th month;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 5% performance bonus on your gross monthly salary (% depending on your performance);
- a season ticket for 2nd class public transport;
- a pension contribution of 4% of your pension basis;
- participation in Van Lanschot Kempen’s profit-sharing scheme;
- 216 hours off per year on a full-time basis;
- a training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities;
- participation in the vitality programme;
- a smartphone and a laptop;
- fitness plan;
- 9% discount on collective healthcare plan;
- 1 day a year that you can spend on social work during working hours.
Are you ready to join us and make the difference? Do you want to be the best in your field, and stay the best? And are you committed to growing alongside us and our clients? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you. Apply for this vacancy!
If you’d like some more information first, Tanja Schraders will answer all your questions by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.