- Detail oriented
- Participate as a member of Kempen team and develop and deliver HR programs in line with business priorities;
- Manager UK HR operations to the business as it expands and deliver first-rate client service in managing employee relations including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy, resolving conflicts and providing coaching and guidance to all employees;
- Drive continuous improvement and reinforce Kempen’s long term focus, strategy and culture of teamwork, individual discipline and entrepreneurial mindset;
- Benefits: Ensure an efficient and cost-effective benefits packages is in line with the market, the wider business and in the context of attracting and retaining talent;
- Compensation: maintain a compensation framework, including benchmarking and monitoring internal equity on a total compensation basis;
- Develop and implement initiatives that drive colleague engagement within the business and region and HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Work with business heads, as applicable, to ensure resourcing is aligned to the planned growth of the business. Guide and support where organisational change is required;
- Support the business to resource effectively, working to recruit for potential and manage succession planning as necessar;
- Manage third part recruitment vendors, fee negotiations, salary benchmarking and interviewing.
Policy and Compliance
- Human Resources Policy: Ensure the implementation of Van Lanschot HR policies that provide guidelines for management and self-management to all levels of the organisation whilst maintaining ethical practices as well as compliance within the UK;
- Compliance: keep in continuous communication with internal compliance to ensure we are up to date and in line with various legislation and UK regulation requirements.
- HRIS review / recommendation;
- Maintain Bamboo HR, Talentsoft packages;
- Create and coordinate the onboarding of all new UK employee and contractors;
- Point of contact for management on benefits package;
- Implement learning and development policy;
- Improve and manage the new joiner and onboarding process;
- Coordinate UK Payroll processing;
- Coordinate the UK pension, medical and benefits processing;
- Biannual Employee HR policy and handbook review, reflecting any updates proposed from the Netherlands HR Director.
Person Specification and Skills
- Experience of working in a standalone HR role;
- Broad generalist HR experience is essential;
- Ability to forge working relationships with senior management and influence decisions;
- Strong organisational and communication skills required together with proven leadership capabilities and solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application;
- Superior IT skills in order to support the Dutch IT team to troubleshoot in-house technical difficulties;
- CIPD qualified is beneficial;
- Past experience of change management;
- Self-motivated with high level of energy and enthusiasm;
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills;
- An excellent grasp of UK employment legislation and its practical application;
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, act with diplomacy and demonstrate a high standard of personal integrity;
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team;
- Bachelor’s degree.
Required Security Screening
- ID document check;
- Employment history and references;
- Academic and professional qualifications;
- UK credit and electoral roll check;
- Compliance database check;
- UK directorship check;
- Internet and media search;
- UK criminal record standard disclosure check.
Kempen specialises in asset management (Kempen Capital Management), and corporate finance and securities brokerage (Kempen Merchant Bank). . We are a leading boutique investment bank, currently with about 400 colleagues, where personal attention, commitment and focus on a few selected markets have been a priority for more than 100 years. We’re all that little bit different, but we all share the same characteristics when it comes to courage and ambition. Kempen is part of Van Lanschot Kempen. We’ve applied our history of success to the contemporary world, with the labels Van Lanschot (private banking), Evi (online investment) and Kempen.
Kempen is a leading boutique investment bank, where personal attention, commitment and focus on a few selected markets have been a priority for more than 100 years. We’ve applied our history of success to the contemporary world with the labels Van Lanschot (private banking), Evi (online investment) and Kempen.
Kempen specialises in asset management (Kempen Capital Management), corporate finance and securities brokerage (Kempen Merchant Bank).
You will be a part of our KCM UK team based at St Pauls, supporting a team of circa 30 employees and contractors. Our team are paramount to the success of our business and we’re searching for the best candidate out there to join us. At Kempen we’re all that little bit different, but we all share the same characteristics when it comes to courage and ambition.
You will be responsible for all UK HR matters at Kempen. As well as communicating strategic HR programmes from the Netherlands, you will be responsible for coordinating the UK talent retention, development and attraction as well as managing any employee relations issues and wellbeing programmes. The role will be in daily contact with the UK MD, Business Manager as well as other business heads for business.
Turning talent into value. That's what we do at Kempen. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields.
Are you ready to join us and make the difference? Do you want to be the best in your field, and stay the best? And are you committed to growing alongside us and our clients? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like some more information first,Haroula Sergiou will answer all your questions by email Haroula.Sergiou@kempen.co.uk. #Kempen