The Junior Client Director UK is a member of the ISS Client Solutions function with responsibility for managing and developing relationships with allocated UK FM clients. The key objective for this position is to initially support the Senior Client Directors in helping them meet clients’ expectations in terms of our delivery of fiduciary management services to them, while ensuring that the services provided are in accordance with Kempen’s policies and procedures and then ultimately manage a number of their own clients. This involves, on the one hand, managing client expectations, while ensuring on the other hand that Kempen’s advice, investment decisions and reporting help our clients achieve their investment objective in a controlled and transparent manner. In addition, the Junior Client Director UK will also play a significant role in supporting business development colleagues in meeting objectives in terms of gaining new client appointments.
Each client is assigned a client team consisting of a Client Director, an Investment Strategist and a Portfolio Manager. The role of the Client Director is to agree on clear and realistic objectives with the client and to manage and coordinate the activities of the client team in order to achieve these objectives. The role of the Junior Client Director is to support the Client team as a whole.
The responsibilities of the Client Solutions function include:
- Supporting FM Business Development UK in attracting new client appointments (e.g. participating in meetings with and presentations to prospective clients);
- Supporting the client take-on process, including performing client due diligence (KYC), negotiating Fiduciary Management Agreements (FMA) and setting up client records;
- Supporting the client teams to transition new clients and their assets onto Kempen’s fiduciary management platform;
- Managing client expectations and agreeing clear and realistic objectives with UK clients;
- Supporting the integrated delivery of services to UK clients;
- Maintaining complete and up-to-date client records that evidence advice given to the client, decisions made by the client and/or the client team and reporting and other information provided to the client;
- Monitoring and pro-actively striving to improve the satisfaction of UK clients.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject;
- Working towards an Actuarial and/or investment designation (e.g. CFA);
- At least 3 years of experience and success in an institutional account management role with an investment consultancy or an asset manager;
- Solid understanding of the governance, asset-liability management and investment challenges faced by UK pension schemes;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment to clients;
- Creative, innovative, conceptual thinke;
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial drive;
- Structured problem-solver;
- High standards of integrity;
- Cultural sensitivity and an interest and ability to work in an international organisation.
Kempen specialises in asset management (Kempen Capital Management), and corporate finance and securities brokerage (Kempen Merchant Bank). . We are a leading boutique investment bank, currently with about 400 colleagues, where personal attention, commitment and focus on a few selected markets have been a priority for more than 100 years. We’re all that little bit different, but we all share the same characteristics when it comes to courage and ambition. Kempen is part of Van Lanschot Kempen. We’ve applied our history of success to the contemporary world, with the labels Van Lanschot (private banking), Evi (online investment) and Kempen.
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
• a salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
• Private medical Insurance, an enhanced Employer’s pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection and 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• a training and development plan for personal and professional training opportunities.
Are you ready to join us and make the difference? Do you want to be the best in your field, and stay the best? And are you committed to growing alongside us and our clients? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you. Apply for this vacancy before [closing date].
If you’d like some more information first, Tanja Schraders will answer all your questions by mail firstname.lastname@example.org. #Kempen