Are you curious, ambitious and ready for a challenge? The Kempen Asset Management Graduate Programme offers young professionals the opportunity to explore every aspect of asset management within the span of 16 months.
Within the Kempen Asset Management Graduate Programme, you will rotate between departments or specific projects on a four-month basis, amongst others in:
I. Client Solutions (Fiduciary Management);
- This is the place where we tailor our services to the needs of large clients such as pension funds, insurers or family offices. Helping in the process of pitching and onboarding of those clients can be a very rewarding experience.
II. Investment Management of our Niche-strategies;
- This is the department where Kempen manages their investment funds. Examples of these funds include the dividend fund, the various small-cap funds, and the credit funds. Here you could work together with portfolio managers in their stock analysis, asset allocation and investment strategies.
III. Institutional Relations; Business Development, Marketing and Sales;
- Focuses on creating relationships with our clients and on representing Kempen to the outside world. As a trainee, you can participate in marketing campaigns, wholesale events and help Kempen expand both nationally and internationally.
IV. KCM Operations;
- In this key department of Kempen, transactions get settled, risk gets managed, and new projects and products are developed. This opportunity can get you involved into the earliest stages of a new product and will give you exposure to all other departments.
Furthermore, you will be supported by a coach during the entire programme and follow a training programme that is tailored to your individual needs. The Graduate Programme is a bespoke process allowing each step to be planned in close consultation with you, whereby your personal and professional growth is key. After the 16 months, you will have a good impression of the opportunities and possibilities within Kempen Asset Management, leading to a discussion which career path is the best match with you here at Kempen.
We are looking for new entrants to the labour market with drive, enthusiasm and a passion for the financial industry. While you are sure about wanting to develop your talents and skills in asset management, you are not quite certain yet as to which element of asset management is the best match for you.
You have recently graduated from university with excellent results, preferably majoring in Economics, Finance or Marketing and Sales. Your CV shows drive and an entrepreneurial approach. In addition, you combine strong analytical skills with good judgment, you are a real team player and have a passion for investing. Is this an accurate description of your personality and are you ready for an exciting challenge?
Check your profile:
- You have a Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Quantitative Financial Economics, Marketing or Sales.
- You have 0 to 2 years of work experience.
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English and preferably Dutch.
- You are analytically strong and eager to learn.
- You have a demonstrable affinity with the world of finance.
The story behind Van Lanschot Kempen is a fascinating one about the oldest independent financial institution in the Netherlands. We have a history of almost four centuries of showing great commitment and dedication as well as financial craftsmanship for the benefit of progress for our clients. Our strength lies in the special, strong relationships that our reputable brands, Van Lanschot and Kempen, have with private and institutional clients. Private banking, asset management and merchant banking are the areas in which we excel and in which we differentiate ourselves by the personal attention we give our clients, as well as our expertise and experience. Sustainable business management plays an important role in this respect. We are an honest and upright wealth management firm that shows great respect for the world around us and a focus on the needs of future generations. Our constant aim is to create value for our stakeholders – financial value as well as value in terms of social, ecological and community aspects.
We are the challenger on the market, responding rapidly, intelligently and proactively to market developments in order to stay ahead of the competition. We build long-term relationships based on mutual trust and a shared objective of delivering stellar investment returns for our clients. That is why we do not stop at meeting client expectations; we want to exceed them. Our goal is to ensure that our brand is synonymous to top quality, excellent advice, and bespoke solutions. People with an entrepreneurial spirit and an unwavering passion for their work can expect to be given every opportunity within our company. This is where the magic happens!
From the minute you join us, we will challenge you to make a difference. Van Lanschot Kempen fosters a culture that encourages initiative and entrepreneurship. You will be given every opportunity from day one to make an impact in your professional field and to contribute to the future of our organization. At Van Lanschot Kempen, we value our employees and reward them by offering excellent career opportunities to those who know how to seize them. Furthermore, we offer you a generous remuneration and benefits package, including personal and professional training opportunities to develop your career.
- The application deadline for this graduate programme is the 28th of October at 23.59, but feel free to apply earlier.
- Cv Selection
- 1st round of interviews
- 2nd round of interviews
- Offer, starting on February 1st, 2020
For further information please contact Bo Wullings, Assistant Talent attraction