- Analytical thinking
Create your own future
We are looking for an experienced Lead Expert Compliance Private Clients for Van Lanschot Kempen's Private Clients business unit in the Netherlands. Private Clients serves a broad client segment, from Retail to Private Banking, Private Wealth Management and Semi Institutional.
As a specialized and independent wealth manager with a focus on the long term, we aim to preserve and build wealth in a sustainable manner, both for our clients and for the society of which we are a part. As Compliance, we proactively contribute to the trust our clients have in Van Lanschot Kempen.
We are looking for a driven compliance professional with knowledge of and experience with investment services to private clients (asset management, investment advice and execution-only services) and the associated laws and regulations. In this position the emphasis is on proactively advising the business. For example, you will be closely involved in business initiatives, such as the introduction of new investment products and services to the various client segments within Private Clients and the implementation of new laws and regulations.
You will work in a dynamic and informal environment that will enable you to get the best out of yourself as a compliance professional and make an impact within Van Lanschot Kempen. Within the compliance team you will work together with talented colleagues and exchange knowledge and help each other where necessary. This way you can broaden your knowledge and develop further as a compliance professional.
As Lead Expert Compliance Private Clients your responsibilities involve:
- Coaching the junior and medior Compliance Officers.
- Pro-actively advise the business on a variety of topics and initiatives related to investment. You do this often in collaboration with specialists within and outside Compliance, including Legal and Risk Management.
- Analyze risks related to the financial products and services within Private Clients.
- Maintain the policy framework with a particular focus on consumer protection and support the business with implementation.
- Support various other activities, e.g. in information requests from regulators, training and awareness program, compliance reporting, etc.
Hands-on, solution-oriented and well organized. Team player and communicatively strong, both written and verbal. This is how we can best describe you in the position of Lead Expert Compliance Private Clients. Talents that you use to steer our company in the right direction every day in a constantly changing world. By thinking out of the box and asking questions, you are able to provide our clients with client-focused and proactive service.
In addition, you have:
- At least 10 years of compliance experience in an advisory role at a financial institution or in a consulting role.
- An academic background (law, economics or another relevant academic program).
- Strong affinity with the entire investment services chain.
- Knowledge of (European) laws and regulations related to investment services, including MIFID II, PRIIPs, EMIR and SFRD.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English languages, both oral and written.
Move ahead at Van Lanschot Kempen
Working with diverse clients to make more future-oriented, sustainable and data-driven investments. Both nationally and internationally. With almost 300 years of experience, we turn that ambition into reality at Van Lanschot Kempen. We do so with some 1,700 colleagues spread across different areas of expertise and locations.
The degree of innovation and agility of an organization depends in part on the diversity of its workforce. Thanks to our differences, we strengthen each other. We encourage an inclusive work environment where all colleagues feel at home. With us, you can just be who you are. And we are proud of that.
Curious about stories from colleagues and how they experience working at Van Lanschot Kempen? Go to People & Projects and find out more!
Turning talent into value!
That's what we do! Because if you add value, then of course you can expect the same from us. A good work-life balance with our 'hybrid way of working' is a good example of that. In addition, as Lead Expert Compliance Private Clients you will receive.
- a gross monthly salary appropriate to your knowledge and experience
- a flex budget to partly determine your own fringe benefits. You choose how you spend this budget, from vacation allowance to a thirteenth month, extra leave days and much more.
- the space to take a longer period of leave. For example, for a sabbatical.
- training opportunities.
- a pension plan.
- travel expense reimbursement.
- working from home allowance.
- ability to work from abroad for two month a year.
Working on tomorrow's capital
Enthusiastic about the vacancy? Then apply immediately!
Maybe you don't meet all the requirements? At Van Lanschot Kempen, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic work environment. So if you're excited about this position, but your previous experience doesn't perfectly match every qualification in this job, we encourage you to apply anyway. You just might be the right candidate for this or other roles!
Still have questions? Let Ivana Sucur know via firstname.lastname@example.org.