The VLK Legal department supports each of VLK’s activities. A total of fifteen lawyers work in this department. They visibly contribute to the further development of Van Lanschot Kempen thanks to their proactive working methods and close involvement with the business.
Due to an increase in the commercial activities of VLK in the area of Equity Capital Markets and Corporate Finance, there is a need to also expand the legal support for these activities. We are therefore looking for a colleague who will work alongside our in-house ECM / CF lawyer.
Your duties will include:
- Advising on international equity capital market transactions (for example IPOs, rights issues and accelerated bookbuild offerings), where Kempen acts as global coordinator and/or joint bookrunner, and negotiating transaction documentation (underwriting agreements, placement agreement, agreements among managers, legal opinions, etc.).
- Drawing up and negotiating ECM and M&A advisory mandate letters and confidentiality agreements.
- Advising on all kinds of issues in the field of market abuse, securities law (including prospectus regulations), financial regulation and contract law.
- Identifying and anticipating relevant developments concerning legislation and regulations relevant in the context of the international equity capital market transactions.
- You have at least 4 years relevant work experience, either as a lawyer or as an inhouse counsel at a financial institution. You have substantial experience with legal advice in (equity) capital markets or other type of transactions in an international context.
- You are practical, solution-orientated and commercially-or entated, and you can translate legal content into pragmatic solutions.
- You have in-depth knowledge of securities laws and contract law.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Van Lanschot Kempen is a specialist independent wealth manager that focuses on maintaining and building assets for its clients. Our strength lies in the special, strong relationship that our established names Van Lanschot and Kempen have with institutional and private clients. We excel in private banking, asset management and merchant banking, and we distinguish ourselves in these areas with our personal attention, knowledge and experience. Van Lanschot Kempen is a listed company.
Kempen Equity Capital Markets and Corporate Finance focus specifically on a number of international core sectors (life sciences, real estate, services & industrials, and fintech). We know the investors and the companies in these sectors, and we are aware of all the latest developments. We use these insights to fulfil and exceed the requirements of our customers in the fields of mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, and share issuances. Clients prefer us because of our independent advice and result-orientated approach.
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
• a salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
• a flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, a 13th month and 7 leave days in excess of the statutory entitlement) that you can use to tailor your working conditions to your wishes. This could include extra leave, discovering the world with a sabbatical, a gym membership or a new bike: it's all possible;
• a training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Then please contact us. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Tanja Schraders, our Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org.