- Analytical thinking
- Organisational awareness
Van Lanschot Kempen is the oldest independent financial institute and asset manager in the Netherlands. We have been working for nearly four centuries with great dedication and financial expertise on the progress of our customers. Our strength lies in the special and strong relationship that our established names Van Lanschot and Kempen have with private and institutional clients. Private Banking, Asset Management and Merchant Banking are the areas in which we excel and in which we distinguish ourselves with personal attention, knowledge and experience. Sustainable entrepreneurship plays an important role in this. We are an honest wealth manager with respect for the world around us and with an eye for future generations. We strive to create value for our stakeholders; not only in financial but also in social, ecological and social sense.
The Non-financial Risk (NFRM) team is part of Risk Management. NFRM is a second line function and we are responsible for facilitating the first line with gaining insight into their operational risks and level of control thereby enabling them to make risk-based decisions. We do this by providing the first line with the tools needed to identify, assess and monitor their risk and controls, facilitate them in the use of those tools and challenge them on the outcomes and proposed decisions. Furthermore we consolidate information for the senior management of VLK to provide a view on the current state of the operational risk profile of the organization. By engaging in these activities NFRM support VLK in achieving its strategic goals. In this role you will both serve as an account manager to for 1st line management as well as an ORM expert to ensure our ORM framework is up to par. You will need to challenge the 1st line in the assessment of the risks and the feasibility of the mitigating actions, and monitor the progress of it.
We are looking for an enthusiastic new team member to further strengthen our team. The function provides the opportunity to:
- Grow as an operational risk professional;
- Improve operational risk management within VLK;
- Have influence in decision made;
- Enhance your Influencing skills;
- Be part of a highly skilled team of ORM professionals
Amongst others you will be responsible for:
- Managing one or various accounts to support and challenge 1st line management on the management of their operational risk;
- Maintenance and execution of group wide ORM instruments (e.g. scenario analysis, ICAAP, Risk appetite & KRI’s).
- An academic level (Masters);
- 3 to 7 years work experience in Operational risk or adjacent fields (compliance, internal control audit, risk consultancy);
- Strong analytical capabilities;
- Good verbal and writing skills both in Dutch and English;
- Ability to connect at different organizational levels;
- Experience with Asset management and/or ISAE 3402 statements is a pré.
The culture of Van Lanschot Kempen offers plenty of scope for initiative and entrepreneurship. We are a relatively small and informal organization, but with the necessary complexity. As a result, you can immediately make a lot of impact within your field and contribute to the future of the bank. We offer you all the space to further develop and grow in your job and within the organization. In addition, we offer an excellent package of primary and secondary employment conditions. The personal company culture, the space for your personal development and the dynamic work environment make Van Lanschot Kempen unique in its kind.
Moreover, we offer an excellent package of primary and secondary employment conditions in which personal and professional training opportunities are central. You can think of the possibility to flexibly divide the function, training and development possibilities and a dynamic working environment at the Zuid-As in Amsterdam. We want to strengthen our organization through more inclusion and diversity in the workplace. Do you meet the requirements and do you bring diversity? Then we explicitly invite you to apply.
We delight in exceeding the expectations of our (internal) clients. That’s something we need you for, because our employees are our most important asset. So expect to have endless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in your professional field. At Van Lanschot Kempen, you can also count on
- a salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
- a 13th month;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 5% performance bonus on your gross monthly salary (% depending on your performance);
- a season ticket for 2nd class public transport;
- a pension contribution of 4% of your pension basis;
- participation in Van Lanschot Kempen’s profit-sharing scheme;
- 216 hours off per year on a full-time basis;
- a training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities;
- participation in the vitality programme;
- a smartphone and a laptop;
- fitness plan;
- 9% discount on collective healthcare plan;
- 1 day a year that you can spend on social work during working hours.
Ready to add value with us? To contribute for our customers with your expertise and specialism? And become a Operational Risk Manager of the future? If so, we can't wait to meet you!
Do you want to know more first? Tanja Schraders answers all your questions by email firstname.lastname@example.org.