- Customer focus
- Develop Vision
As Product Owner at Van Lanschot Kempen you work in a multidisciplinary DevOps team in which you are responsible for translating the Van Lanschot Kempen strategy and vision and in specific the Asset Management business needs into your product strategy. You are responsible for formulating and managing the product backlog of your specific domain within our Asset Management business. Your focus is to maximize the business value of your product. You stay in close contact with your stakeholders to align your product development planning and allocate your capacity and budget accordingly.
Being a product owner, you are part of our agile movement that develops the total application landscape of our Asset Management business. You will work with other highly qualified colleagues who aim to deliver business value on a daily basis. Each team consists of 5 to 6 ambitious colleagues with a great sense of responsibility. This is your chance to help shape the digital- and data driven future of our innovative Asset Manager.
Our agile movement includes Domains that cover the full value chain of our Asset Management business, being client relations, portfolio management, trading, data management, mid & back office, reporting, investment management and (advanced) analytics. We will jointly look for the best fit. Our Asset Management business line serves the wealth and risks of more than 100 billion assets under management, varying from a fiduciary role for large pension funds in NL and UK to wholesale niche investment products.
Your main activities will be:
- Develop the product vision and goals for your Domain. Hereby taking into account the business needs and external developments. Convey that vision to the DevOps team and ensure the product vision and goals are in line with the business needs of your Domain;
- Act as a linking-pin between the business and DevOps team(s) for your Domain. You will be collecting business requirements and uncover problems to express the requirements in terms of a product backlog and business objectives.;
- Keep close contact with the business and manage the stakeholders. You will represent them in your DevOps team and report back on agreed approaches to ensure that the backlog is in line with the stakeholder expectations;
- Prioritizing the items in the Product Backlog to achieve the best possible results;
- Expand and link business and IT knowledge in your DevOps team, apply expertise and facilitate decision making within your DevOps team to contribute to the innovation and improvement of processes and solutions. Where relevant, you’ll work with business executives on fundamental organizational questions such as business process redesign.
What do you bring to our team?
- WO master (MSc) with a solid experience (5 year +) as Product Owner;
- You have seasoned knowledge of Asset Management, its products, processes, and systems and the trends this sector is facing;
- You are have an excellent track record with stakeholder management;
- You have a great interest in Agile-Scrum-DevOps best practices and you know how to inspire other people on these topics;
- You understand the business & client value of working with the latest IT infrastructure and solid development practices (without being a developer);
- Experience with vendor management and/or process outsourcing is a plus.
It is Van Lanschot Kempen’s mission to create and preserve wealth for our clients and for society in a sustainable way. We are an integrated wealth management serving private, corporate and institutional clients with our brands Evi, Van Lanschot and Kempen. Core to our strategy is the increasing use of digital and data driven solutions in our client service and operations.
As a Product Owner you will be part of the Digital Business Transformation department. This is a dedicated team of both talented and more experienced professional Product Owners across the whole Van Lanschot Kempen group. We’re building solutions for Evi, Van Lanschot and Kempen; for clients but also our colleagues; for mobile, web or desktop, for traders but also the operational processes, always secure and up to the highest quality standards. It’s the team’s challenge to realize the digital and data driven transformation throughout the value chain of our integrated wealth management model.
What is in it for you?
A cool start-up like environment:
- Where you can cooperate with your ambitious team while delivering business value;
- Where you get a lot of responsibility and a large amount of autonomy;
- Freedom to attend conferences, initiate meet-ups, participate in hackathons;
- Where you will get the chance to keep on learning and challenging yourself (we offer an excellent training and development program);
- A great group of fellow Product Owners sharing best practices to continuously develop ourselves
- In which you are challenged to show some guts and make a real difference!
Are you excited to take on this challenge with us? Call/text/app: Stefan Karg, Digital Recruiter, +31 6 134 077 20