- Analytical thinking
- Market focused
- Detail oriented
We are looking for a driven financial professional with a strong affinity with the Real Estate sector. You will be part of a dedicated research & sales team focused on European Real Estate equities that consists of 6 research analysts and 5 sales and sales-traders.
You will be writing research on real estate company stocks, conducting field research through board level meetings and asset tours. You will need to provide detailed financial analysis and a solid view on the future direction of real estate markets. Equally important is your ability to market our research to a broad range of (international) institutional clients, including some of the biggest global property investors as well as internal stakeholders in sales and real estate banking.
Your work environment
Equity Research is part of Securities in the Merchant Bank arm of Kempen. Via Kempen’s niche approach the Real Estate team has positioned itself as a leading broker in Real Estate equities across Europe, covering roughly 70 stocks. The European Real Estate team has a pivotal role in Kempen’s overall real estate distribution platform, which consists of a broad network of both generalist and specialist institutional investors. You will also be liaising with our colleagues from the Real Estate Corporate Finance and ECM franchise who have ample local knowledge on European real estate markets and deep client relationships. Our Corporate Finance department advised on 33 M&A (cross border) transactions in European Real Estate since 2018, while our ECM team holds the #1 position in terms of European Real Estate IPOs since 2011. Our goal is to provide a top-notch research product alongside unparalleled access towards equity investments in real estate for our clients.
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 2-5 years of experience in the financial or real estate sector;
- Strong analytical skills (including advanced Excel skills);
- Sound communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Commercial mindset with a dedicated client focus;
- A true team-player mentality in a demanding environment;
- The ability to cope with deadlines;
- Being passionate about what you do;
- Master degree with an emphasis on Finance/Accounting and/or Real Estate;
- You are a self-motivated person, with high ethical standards;
- Fluent English speaking/writing is a must, other languages are helpful (Dutch is not required);
- Frequent travel is required.
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp and Paris. We are specialised in Corporate Finance, Securities and Asset Management. Kempen represents professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
To work in a sustainable and future-oriented way, inclusion and diversity are essential. A highly inclusive and diverse workforce helps to drive business performance and innovation, workforce agility and resilience, as well as positive social and environmental impact. It is our ambition for the inflow of each department to be more diverse than the outflow. For example, if an employee leaves or more headcount becomes available, we aim to increase diversity by hiring someone who brings something new to the team. Whether that’s gender, age, nationality, background or anything else.
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
- A flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, a 13th month and 7 leave days in excess of the statutory entitlement) that you can use to tailor your working conditions to your wishes. This could include extra leave, a gym membership or a new bike: it's all possible;
- Do you want to exchange Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascension Day and Whit Monday for another religious holiday? That is also possible!
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities
Click on Apply. For more information please contact Véronique Meertens, Veronique.Meertens@kempen.com, Real Estate Research.
Please upload your cv and cover letter in English.