Based in Paris | Junior role | temporary role; start asap until end of 2021 | possibility to extend
As a member of the French office, the primary responsibility of the Junior Sales is to provide sales and sales support, marketing for Kempen’s investment strategies. This involves belonging to the French team and to the Client Management Origination – Strategy Business Development Team, participation to
marketing efforts, project management, and collaboration with other members of the organization in order to meet assigned sales goals and firm-wide product initiatives.
He/she will cultivate relationships with existing clients and prospects within the French market. He/she will market a full range of ESG integrated investment options including traditional strategies, alternatives, multi-asset solutions and fiduciary outsourcing. The role will be fully accountable for the financial results of an assigned book of business.
Finally, the candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, be committed to excellence, and have the personal presence and demeanor to represent Kempen with distinction.
- Implement the sales strategy defined by the head of the French Office for clients and rospects. Meet predetermined targets for net-new revenue, new mandates, and meetings.
- Working from the defined structured client / sales plan.
- Identify and diligently pursue new investment opportunities through consultative dialogues with both clients and prospects. Focus on strategic products for the group as well as mandates that will have the most commercial impact.
- Insure a high level of client servicing for the existing clients (by sending reporting, reports, any relevant information, organization of PMs meetings).
- Record client activities and opportunities in the CRM systems on a timely basis.
- Develop product fluency across various investment options - including fixed income, equity, real assets, private equity/ private market, hedge funds, ESG and fiduciary outsourcing.
- Work collaboratively with other departments within Kempen to meet clients’
- A first experience of established track record in institutional or wholesale relationship management and fundraising is required, preferably with a focus on products and solutions Kempen offers.
- Industry and investment knowledge. Strong proficiency across a wide range of traditional and alternative Investment products.
- Clear awareness of key issues affecting institutional and/ or wholesale investors.
- A working knowledge of our competitors.
- Consultant relationships/knowledge highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Dynamics 365, excel.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/traits:
- Self-managed and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Highly driven by relationship management and revenue generation.
- Proven intellectual ability and interpersonal skills.
- Highly effective in forging working relationships with team members and business counterparts.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deal with a lot of different subjects such as Marketing/ communication, Compliance, Legal, etc.
- Strong professional and personal integrity, willingness to embrace Kempen’s values.
- Languages required are French and English.
Van Lanschot Kempen specialises in the future. And has done since 1737. Today, almost 300 years later, the story of the Netherlands’ oldest independent financial institution continues as we translate our history into today’s world, with labels such as Kempen (Merchant Bank & Asset Manager), Van Lanschot (Private Banking), and Evi (online investment). We do this with around 1,700 colleagues across our three labels and the holding company. We have now spent almost three centuries advancing our customers' interests, with great dedication and financial skill.
To work in a sustainable and future-oriented way, inclusion and diversity are essential. A highly inclusive and diverse workforce helps to drive business performance and innovation, workforce agility and resilience, as well as positive social and environmental impact. It is our ambition for the inflow of each department to be more diverse than the outflow. For example, if an employee leaves or more headcount becomes available, we aim to increase diversity by hiring someone who brings something new to the team. Whether that’s gender, age, nationality, background or anything else.
Kempen Capital Management (Kempen) is an European leader in investment management and advisoryservices for institutional, family offices and wholesale clients. ESG is fully integrated within each and all our investment processes. At December 31, 2020, Kempen’s AUM was circa EUR 86 billion. Kempen helps clients around the world meeting their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts and pooled vehicles. Kempen also offers advisory / solution services to a broad base of institutional investors.
At Kempen, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our clients. The people within Kempen's Institutional Relations department, should have a strong focus on delivering a variety of complex investment strategies and solutions based on a thorough understanding of client needs and objectives.
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields.
For more information about this position, please contact Sophie Koopman via firstname.lastname@example.org.