- Analytical thinking
- Solution focused
Kempen & Co is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. It is highly specialized, focusing on key sectors including European Real Estate. Within the European Real Estate sector, Kempen & Co is one of the leading investment banks servicing high profile listed and private real estate companies in executing strategic deals. Do you want to reap the full benefits of this position, working on high-profile transactions in the market, and make a difference for our customers throughout Europe? Your entrepreneurial spirit and dedication will be applied to:
- Analysing company and market information;
- Performing detailed valuation and financial analyses;
- Preparing presentations for clients and/or other advisors;
- Preparing transaction documentation, including bid letters, contracts and memos; information memoranda for sales processes; and prospectuses for capital market transactions;
- Managing due diligence processes for mergers, acquisitions and capital market transactions;
- Maintaining contact with clients and external advisors during transactions;
- Building the teams culture and capabilities, by active mentoring and training of (junior) analysts and interns; and
- Working in teams on the execution of different types of transactions as well as conduct strategic studies and prepare pitches to win new mandates.
We are looking for candidates with an ambition to develop their investment banking M&A and ECM experience. You have excellent analytical capabilities, excellent communication skills and you are a real team player. You have commercial insight, are proactive, see opportunities and dare to take the initiative. You prefer project-based work, are not afraid of deadlines and are willing to take chances. Are you result-oriented and driven? Do you think you fit in our organization and do you want to take the challenge?
- Scientific or financial master’s degree with 2-4 years of work experience in Corporate Finance M&A;
- Affinity with real estate and/or the financial sector;
- Skilled in financial modelling and analysis, valuation techniques, presentation preparation, due diligence;
- Team player with the ability to work independently, self-starting attitude and highly motivated to work in a dynamic team and challenging environment;
- First class organizational and numeracy skills, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- Fluent in English (Dutch is not a requirement).
Kempen & Co is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp, Stockholm and Paris. We are specialised in Corporate Finance, Securities and Asset Management. Kempen & Co represents professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
Kempen & Co Corporate Finance and Equity Capital Markets focuses on five sectors, being Real Estate, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Tech & Fintech, Infrastructure, and Corporate Advisory serving clients throughout Europe. Within these sectors we have in-depth knowledge about the companies, the investors and the latest developments and trends. This sector focus enables us to provide our clients with invaluable specialized support in the area of Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity Capital Markets transactions such as IPOs, and Debt Solutions such as independent strategic advice on financing. Our clients choose Kempen & Co for our independent advice and our dedication to achieve results that exceed their expectations. In the tumultuous year of 2020 we executed 41 transactions with an aggregated value of more than €23 billion. On average we execute over 35 – 45 transactions per year.
To work in a sustainable and future-oriented way, inclusion and diversity are essential. A highly inclusive and diverse workforce helps to drive business performance and innovation, workforce agility and resilience, as well as positive social and environmental impact. It is our ambition for the inflow of each department to be more diverse than the outflow.
In addition, our purpose is to create sustainable value for all our stakeholders in a way that contributes to sustainable solutions to the most pressing global challenges.
Turning talent into value. That's what we do! The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
- A culture that encourages initiative and entrepreneurship being part of one of the largest dedicated pan-European real estate franchises;
- A salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
- A flexible budget (consisting of vacation pay, 13th month and 7 non-statutory vacation days) you can partly mix & match your secondary employment conditions with us. Think of extra leave, discover the world with a sabbatical, a subscription at the gym or a new bicycle; it's all possible;
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities;
- Your new job is located at the Amsterdam Zuidas. Biking distance from most of Amsterdam and walking distance from the well-connected train- and subway station.
Will our story become your story? Do you want to build on the future with us? And are you committed to growing together? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you. Apply for this Senior Analyst / Associate Corporate Finance - European Real Estate.
If you’d like some more information first, Sophie Koopman will answer all your questions by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.