We are a wealth manager in heart and soul. At Van Lanschot Kempen we strive to provide our customers and business partners with the highest level of service and to ensure all activities are compliant and in accordance with both, our own standards and values, as well as those demanded by regulators and our customers. Our integrity and good reputation is key to us, which we like to preserve. Our compliance programmes are designed to ensures compliance with laws, rules and regulations and deliver an indispensable contribution to Van Lanschot Kempen's vision and strategy.
We, the Compliance team, contribute to the trust that our clients have in Van Lanschot Kempen.
For our Merchant Banking activities we are looking for a Senior Business Compliance Officer. The main purpose of this role is to be a strategic partner to the management team of Merchant Banking and to safeguard that the compliance strategy and program is well implemented at this division of our firm. Working directly with the management team, you inspire the right conduct and advise and support the further enhancement of control frameworks for the Merchant Bank, but also contribute to the development of the compliance programme as a whole for Van Lanschot Kempen.
The Compliance organisation of Van Lanschot Kempen consists of more than 15 professionals. We approach compliance at Van Lanschot Kempen in line with our strategic objective “to act as one” and strive for harmonised solutions across all our business units. In your role as Senior Business Compliance Officer Merchant Bank, you will directly report to the Chief Compliance Officer of Van Lanschot Kempen.
• Working directly with the management team of Merchant Bank and act as senior business compliance partner;
• Contribute to setting the strategic direction of the Compliance organisation and arrange implementation at the Merchant Bank domain;
• Bring new energy and drive transformation and further professionalization of the Compliance function.
• Enhance level of conduct within this domain;
• Foster the further professionalization of the regulatory control framework of Merchant Bank, compliance monitoring and the risk assessment methodologies;
• Progress the policy framework with a special focus on product governance, conflicts of interest, market abuse and best execution;
• Oversee compliance programs related to merchant banking activities of Van Lanschot Kempen entities abroad.
• Managing internal and external stakeholders including DNB and AFM; (also on behalf of foreign operations that have to comply with Dutch regulations)
• Identify new or upcoming laws, rules and regulations and actively contribute to the effective and efficient implementation of controls and procedures to comply;
• Responsibility for the compliance themes market abuse, BMR and MIFID II product governance.
You join Van Lanschot Kempen with enthusiasm, your drive to perform and the aspiration to bring compliance to the next level.
You are a proactive, result-oriented, persuasive compliance professional. You know what is required for an excellent compliance programme for the merchant banking activities. You support and advise the management team of merchant bank in its duty to safeguard compliant business operations. You inform about regulatory developments and its impact, identify necessary measures to mitigate compliance risks and to strengthen control frameworks. You are persuasive and inspire the right attitude across the business unit.
To successfully fulfill this mission, you have:
• Extensive experience in financial markets activities
• Academic background, (law, finance or economics or another relevant academic background);
• At least 10 years' experience in financial markets compliance, with several years' experience in the field of trading and corporate finance;
• Excellent knowledge of legislation and regulations relevant to merchant banking activities (MiFID II; EMIR, BMR, WWFT);
• A deep understanding of financial products and financial instruments;
• An excellent command of English and Dutch.
You strive for the best possible result, are a robust professional, persuasive in your communication while having a pragmatic attitude. You can simplify complex matters, keep business necessities in mind and are result oriented.
Van Lanschot Kempen is a specialist, independent wealth manager, which focuses on maintaining and growing the wealth of our clients. Our strength lies in the special and strong relationship that our established names, Van Lanschot and Kempen, have with our institutional and private clients. Private Banking, Asset Management and Merchant Banking are the areas in which we excel, and in which we stand out thanks to our personal attention, knowledge and experience. Van Lanschot Kempen is a publicly listed company.
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
• a salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
• a flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, a 13th month and 7 leave days in excess of the statutory entitlement) that you can use to tailor your working conditions to your wishes. This could include extra leave, discovering the world with a sabbatical, a gym membership or a new bike: it's all possible;
• a training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Then please contact us. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Tanja Schraders, our Recruiter, via email@example.com.