- Analytical thinking
In this role you will both serve as an account manager to for 1st line management as well as ORM expert to ensure our ORM framework is up to par and implemented accordingly within your account.
.This is how, as a Senior Operational Risk Manager, you will work on your own future, that of Van Lanschot Kempen, and that of our clients. You're a specialist in your field and in the future, just as we are. You specifically draw on your specialism and professional knowledge when it comes to:
- Managing one or various accounts to support and challenge 1st line management on their operational risk profile;
- Challenge the 1st line in the assessment of the risks and level of control;
- Assess the feasibility and progress of the mitigating actions;
- Analyze incidents;
- Ensure implementation of the ORM instruments;
- Maintenance and execution of group wide ORM instruments (e.g. scenario analysis, ICAAP, Risk appetite & KRI’s).
Your story already has several important chapters. But regardless of your past, you cannot wait to add value for the future. That is why, as a Senior Operational Risk Manager, you are in the perfect place at Van Lanschot Kempen. Here you can make maximum use of your Influencing skills, ability to connect at different organizational levels and strong analytical capabilities and grow as an operational risk professional. You also have:
- An academic level (Masters);
- 3 to 10 years work experience in Operational risk or adjacent fields (compliance, internal control, audit, risk consultancy);
- Good verbal and writing skills preferably both in Dutch and English;
- Experience with Asset management is a pre
Van Lanschot Kempen specialises in the future and has done so since 1737. Today, around 300 years later, our story – of the oldest independent financial institution in the Netherlands – continues. With labels such as Kempen (merchant bank & asset manager), Van Lanschot (private banking), and Evi (online investment), our history continues in the world of today. We do so with around 1,700 colleagues, divided across the three labels and the holding company. In total, we have spent almost three centuries working to improve our customers' position, with great dedication and financial skill.
As part of the holding company the Non Financial risk team cannot wait to welcome your entrepreneurial spirit and commitment. This team is dedicated to ensure that the management keeps the non-financial risks of VLK within the banks’ risk appetite. Would you like to know more about your new colleagues? You can certainly expect an energetic, highly skilled and professional team!
Turning talent into value. That's what we do! The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
• A salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
• With a flexible budget (consisting of vacation pay, 13th month and 7 non-statutory vacation days) you can partly put together your secondary employment conditions with us. Think of extra leave, discover the world with a sabbatical, a subscription at the gym or a new bicycle; it's all possible;
• A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Will our story become your story? Do you want to build on the future with us? And are you committed to growing together? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we would love to meet you. Apply for this vacancy before January 31st, 2020.
If you would like some more information first, Tanja Schraders will answer all your questions if you call 0611169152 or e-mail email@example.com.