- Analytical thinking
As a Vice President Corporate Finance you will lead teams on the execution of various types of transactions as well as conduct strategic studies and prepare pitches to win new mandates.
Your role will typical include activities like:
- Taking primary responsibility for deal execution of infrastructure transactions;
- Maintaining client relations during the deal execution period and building M&A and ECM expertise;
- Preparing and delivering presentations, valuations, and pitches;
- Building the teams culture and capabilities, by active mentoring and training of analyst and associate level bankers.
We are looking for candidates with a good number of years of investment banking M&A, ECM or Debt Advisory experience. You have excellent analytical capabilities, excellent communication skills and you are a real team player. You have commercial insight, are proactive, see opportunities and dare to take the initiative. You prefer project-based work, are not afraid of deadlines and are willing to take chances. Are you result-oriented and driven? Do you think you fit in our organization and do you want to take the challenge?
Check your profile:
- 5-7 years of relevant working experience in finance;
- Knowledge of renewable and/or digital infrastructure;
- Ambition to work in a role that combines public, private and debt markets;
- Strong team- and client management skills;
- Team player and self-starter;
- Strong technical and communication skills;
- Fluent in English (Dutch is not a requirement
Van Lanschot Kempen is specialized in the future. Since 1737. Today, about 300 years later, our story - about the oldest independent financial institute in the Netherlands - continues. We are proud of our history and are excited for the future with labels such as Kempen (Merchant Bank & Asset Manager), Van Lanschot (Private Banking) and Evi (online investing). We do this with about 1,700 colleagues, divided over the 3 labels and the holding company. We have been working with great dedication and financial craftsmanship on our customers' progress for almost 3 centuries.
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp and Paris. We are specialised in Corporate Finance, Securities and Asset Management. Kempen represents professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
Kempen Corporate Finance and Equity Capital Markets focuses on five sectors, including Real Estate, Life Sciences & Healthcare, FI & Fintech, Infrastructure, Maritime & Offshore serving clients throughout Europe. Within these sectors we have in-depth knowledge about the companies, the investors and the latest developments and trends. These insights enable us to provide our clients with invaluable support in the area of mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets transactions such as IPOs. Our clients choose Kempen for our independent advice and our dedication to achieve results that exceed their expectations. In 2018 we executed 37 transactions with an aggregated value of more than 38 billion. On average we execute over 35 transactions per year.
There is an ongoing need for new and improved economic and social infrastructure. Kempen & Co is highly involved in facilitating key segments like social-, communication-, transport-, energy and utility infrastructure.
One of the themes that demands major infrastructure investment is the energy transition towards renewables. Thanks to our bottom-up knowledge of regulation, assets, companies and technologies, we can look beyond just the numbers and support our clients with the bigger picture. We are thrilled to support a sector that drives the renewable energy transition.
Another theme is the ongoing growth of data consumption. Comparable to electricity and water, we observe data is a basic human need. This has been driving our advisory in communication infrastructure, which includes towers, data centers, fiber, and small cells.
Clients work with us for our original and solid investment ideas, access to investments and institutional investors in the attractive North Western European market, and our combined offering of M&A, ECM and Debt Advisory.
Turning talent into value. That's what we do! The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
- A salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
- With a flexible budget (consisting of vacation pay, 13th month and 7 non-statutory vacation days) you can partly put together your secondary employment conditions with us. Think of extra leave, discover the world with a sabbatical, a subscription at the gym or a new bicycle; it's all possible;
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Are you ready to join us and make the difference? Do you want to be the best in your field, and stay the best? And are you committed to growing alongside us and our clients? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like some more information first, Tanja Schraders will answer all your questions by email email@example.com. #Kempen