- Analytical thinking
- Kempen’s Manager Research Solutions (MRS) team consists of 14 dedicated professionals and is responsible for external investment manager selection. The MRS – Equity, Multi-Asset & Impact group covers equity (long-only, long/short, thematic), multi-asset (global macro, diversified growth funds, multi-strategy hedge funds), alternatives (commodities, listed real assets), and impact investments (listed and private markets);
- Next to maintaining a list of approved funds for almost € 60 billion in fiduciary and private banking assets, the MRS team offers actively managed high quality commingled and bespoke multi-manager portfolios in non-traditional asset classes for institutions, family offices, foundations, and high net worth individuals;
- The team is characterized by a combination of (a) intellectual curiosity enabling us be an expert trusted advisor to clients across asset classes and (b) an entrepreneurial mentality with the ambition to beat international competition;
- ESG/Sustainability and efficient use of data & analytics are core elements in the team’s offering and investment process;
- Your role within the team will be to cover SDG/Impact strategies in listed and private markets, together with colleagues. Simultaneously you will become co-portfolio manager of the Global Impact Pool, our multi-manager/multi-asset Impact solution, for which you will also assume responsibility with regards to impact measurement & reporting;
- Coverage responsibilities include both sourcing new managers based on thorough qualitative due diligence as well as ongoing monitoring of existing managers through an active dialogue. Collaboration with other teams within the group (e.g. Fiduciary Management & Institutions, Private Client Solutions, Sustainability Center, and the sales organization) is an important element in the job;
- You will join a team that is recognized for its high quality due diligence as well as award winning alternatives multi-manager portfolios. The MRS team forms an essential part in Van Lanschot Kempen’s strategy objective to continue to grow across private banking, fiduciary management, and specialist/alternatives investment solutions.
• You have a broad interest in capital markets and impact investments in particular.
• You have over 8 years of relevant work experience in (impact) manager selection/portfolio management, preferably across asset classes (in public and private markets).
• You are familiar with the relevant impact frameworks such as the Impact Management Project, the IFC Operating Principles and the GIIN IRIS+ Metrics among others.
• Ideally, you have a relevant network of investment partners, thought leaders and facilitators in the impact investing industry.
• You are expected to combine sharp and forward-looking analysis (combining qualitative and quantitative factors) with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• MRS is team-managed (meritocracy-based decision making) so the candidate should be open to a culture where giving and receiving feedback is expected to contribute to continuous improvement.
Van Lanschot Kempen:
Van Lanschot Kempen is specialized in the future. Since 1737. Today, about 300 years later, our story - about the oldest independent financial institute in the Netherlands - continues. We are proud of our history and are excited for the future with labels such as Kempen (Merchant Bank & Asset Manager), Van Lanschot (Private Banking) and Evi (online investing). We do this with about 1,700 colleagues, divided over the 3 labels and the holding company. We have been working with great dedication and financial craftsmanship on our customers' progress for almost 3 centuries.
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp and Paris. We are specialised in Corporate Finance, Securities and Asset Management. Kempen represents professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
Thanks to Evi everyone can invest. Our customers do it online, with the help of your 25 future colleagues. Everyone can increase their wealth through the dedication and expertise of our financial professionals. An expensive tailored suit? A second home in Ibiza? No, our customers do not necessarily need that. Because everyone deserves Evi. Evi is a small, close-knit and ambitious team within Van Lanschot Kempen. We regularly win prizes and we are proud of that. Celebrating successes is therefore regularly on our agenda.
Personal attention has been a priority at Van Lanschot since 1737. We are a private bank that puts people at the center and flawlessly senses what the customer really needs. We do this with more than 700 (financial) professionals who, with their specialist knowledge and dedication, add daily value to our customers. Next to our rich history we are also proudly looking into the future.
Turning talent into value. That's what we do! The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
- A salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
- With a flexible budget (consisting of vacation pay, 13th month and 7 non-statutory vacation days) you can partly put together your secondary employment conditions with us. Think of extra leave, discover the world with a sabbatical, a subscription at the gym or a new bicycle; it's all possible;
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Are you ready to join us and make the difference? Do you want to be the best in your field, and stay the best? And are you committed to growing alongside us and our clients? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like some more information first, Tanja Schraders will answer all your questions by email firstname.lastname@example.org. #Kempen